Why your nickname?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ba]V[sE

Mar 13, 2002
Sweden
Why did you pick that funny, wacko or just strange nick?

You all know there are some really strange and fun names out there,
would be fun to get into your head and find out why you picked it.

Does it mean anything special or just random pick...

----------------------------------------

Ok here I go first:

Ba]V[sE

When I started to play online gaming, 2 years ago, I had to pick a nickname.
I just wanted something that no one else had, like anyone else I think.
All my youth I read Bamse cartoons so why not use that I thought!
It´s a bear who is the kindest person and wants to help others..
When he wants to be strong he eats a special honey that only he can eat,
then he gets the strongest bear in the world! ;)

bamse.jpg

Bamse in swedish is this bear, but it also means `very BIG!`
I have also been told that Bamse means `NICE ASS` in hungary.
b1337.jpg

First I had only Bamse, then I changed the M many times:

Bamse, BaMsE, Ba)V(sE, Ba(V)sE, BaIVIsE, Ba]\/[sE and the one I use now Ba]V[sE!

I have also my own Ba]V[sE - the song.mp3 (Swedish so far)

Nanko

i once went on a suvival camp and there was a group of ppl there who thought i looked like some1 called Nanko. So they called me that for 2 weeks...

i kinda liked it and used it on lans and later on the net

Basdo

My real name is Sebastian and my friends call me Basti.
I just made Basdo out of Basti then :)

Ajax is short for my real name A.Jacks..on, just a simple play on words turned it meaning the cleaning product

my school gave me maber as login name on their network.
(ma)ttias (ber)gner. got used to it... to lazy to get me a
new one anyway.

Joko

Came about because I wanted to call myself Joker, but at the time someone in RC (i think) was called Joker. So i just changed it to Joko :)

An after reason though came about cos ppl started calling me Jock (scottish person), so that kinda fitted nicely with my name, so sometimes ull see me with Mr_Jock or something.

Menace

cuz when I was a n00b I wanted an intimitating name or wotever, u know something like "ultimate_warrior" :p:
so I picked Menace

Energy

I did have the name Energy a long time ago in an iAS clan
I prolly picked it cuz I was as energetic as a horny dog on steroids when I was a kid :Joystick:

Mumm, i just love my mammaaaaaaa :lol:
no it was first this |\/||_||\/||\/|'|', it says mummy, really cool he?(i was 16 plsssss) then i get the y of it because there was another player wearing mummy as nick so it became |\/||_||\/||\/|.....on a psycological trippin evening i decide with my dog that it was better to grow up and get rid of the weird stripes so its Mumm nowdays

neibo:
the nick i used ebfore i played Ut. pretty unique one because i just searched for some letters that fit together to make a nick. found only one match in ICQ (some spanish or portuguese guy, so maybe these can tell me what this name actually means :P)

M@n:
i had the shit comp at that time so i used 400x300 resolution. wanted to use Manager but that was too long :lol: Manager because of the word "manage", Id manage doing everything :whatever:

Cash:
M@n sucked and I wanted a new one. Also at that time i registered for the forums and needed an avatar, posted some nicks in the UKS forum and Cash won the vote :P
other nicks were Fallout (after the game) and some others which I cant remember :D

sobo:
bout some time ago, I didnt want to be called after a thing I didnt have myself and which makes people care less about others. I wanted to give them a nick who they can interpret in different ways (because I thought it to be useless) however after only some weeks sobo was associated with unsober and thats why i use un*sobo*r as a nick from time to time :beer:

Humphro

My name is Mark Humphreys (Hence the "Humph" part)
Just my real life nickname, everyone I know calls me this.

..used to play as ...an_Impact_hammer...and got up early one morning to play and there were about 6 players on Orange Std..Guardia, and their nicks were like Goofy, Mickey, Donald etc, Then someone said " only disney characters plz". so I changed my nick to HUEY ( as in huey louie & dewey ) And it stuck.

Also CHECK THIS http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=34783

:D :D :D

ReD - I used to have bright red hair (Not ginger) hair when i was young and i just thought it would be a cool'ish name to have. ;) Its a nice colour too fs :rodent:

T-X - The female Terminator from T3.. Cause shes hot.

Kipper (ictf and itdm nick) - Was in a clan, with fish nicks. So i picked that. :P

Apocalypse

Was sitting round at Maelstrom's house one days trying to think of a new nickname (as oppossed to Goose). I personally couldn't think of any that I like/or wanted and he offered a few suggestions and I choose this one.

Bossk
bossk%20copy.jpg

Bossk is a Bounty Hunter from Star Wars (episode V) I used to play the Star Wars Card game and also used Bossk as name in most computer games and ended up also online with it.
Bit later i played with the name and got skoBs out whicj i used mainly when i was in UT_Lords. Atm i use the shortage bsk ;)