why cant i downgrade ati drivers :(

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cyter

Nov 2, 2001
i bought ati card (RADEON X850 PLATNIUM), and installed newest drivers. ut seems to hate em, and ut crashes almost every map i play. i heard the 4.10 drivers r good for older games so i tried installing those.

but every time i try 2 install old drivers it gives me the same fuckin error (i tried this with 4.10, 4.11, and 3.9)

dur error say

inf error
video driver not found

setup was unable to complete installation
try to setup your display adapter with a standard vga driver before running setup.

wtf do i do, how do i setup my display adapter wit a standard vga driver.

deinstall new drivers, restart install old ones. should work. try one of those driver removing tools, i am sure someone can post a link.

oi, cyter, try this:

- uninstall all ati graphic drivers u have been installing
- uninstall ur vga driver of ur mobo

after rebooting etc.:

- install ur vga driver of ur mobo first
- install ur ati graphic driver

gl

Theres no reason why the older drivers should work where as the new ones dont for new games (notice how I say work rather than perform better)

the X850 was released around the end of last year, so id expcet 4.10 cats or earlier not to even support the card, something for you to check

HELU TWNZ

i still play ASSAULRT, just not as much. i idle in durr #naat on irc.gameradius.net

where the fuk is mc.

btw as fer the drivers, im startin to think there not supported by my vid card, i can downgrade to 5.1 drivers juz fine and prolly every 5 driver will work, but 4's dun wurk :(. hopefully 5.1 drivers work better for ut than 5.10

what the fuck. i just crashed again. with the same fuckin error

it happens in direct 3d and open gl.

i just reformated, ut didnt crash before i reformated, so mabe it isnt a driver problem. what else could cause ur ut 2 crash.

btw this guy seems to have the exact same problem as me.

http://forum.iamnotageek.com/archive/topic.php/t-33651.html

he said he fixed it by uninstalling his onboard sound, i use onboard sound too, but it never crashed before the reformat. i went to device manager and clicked on sound and theres like 15 things there, including some ati shit (ati WDM Rage Theater Video NSP, ATI WDM Specalized MVD Codecs) could the ati things in there be causeing the problemo!??

MeetYourMaker said:
Theres no reason why the older drivers should work where as the new ones dont for new games (notice how I say work rather than perform better)

the X850 was released around the end of last year, so id expcet 4.10 cats or earlier not to even support the card, something for you to check
word

Try checking the other hardware drivers, maybe theres a problem with MB bios, maybe MB drivers, sound drivers etc etc.

Although seems strange it doesnt effect any other games, I assume your not keeping your UT.ini when you format/reinstall