Which CPU would you buy?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which CPU?

• P4 2,8Ghz Northwood

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • P4 2,8Ghz Prescott

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • AMD Athlon64 2800+

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • AMD Athlon XP 3000+Barton 400 FSB

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ÊxØÐU§

Mar 10, 2003
Germany
Hi,

i wanna buy a new CPU for my PC, the problem i´ve got at the moment is that i cant decide between the CPU´s at the market at the moment.....

THE P4 CPU´s are both with HT-Technology! and highest FSB (up to 800mhz)

Thank´s for Your help!

p.S. please no comments like ... buy this cause intel or AMD is shit or sucks...

Last edited:
Ive got a p4 3.2 presscot and with hyper threading and 800fsb they run fast as f**k, but you will have to pay a little extra then the AMD's

Not really done much on the Athlon64, even though they have 1600fsb, i thought the Athlon64 didnt perform aswell as the P4

Go for the P4 2.8 Presscot

Unless you are planing to overclock your CPU i see no reason to go for the Prescott, as it has about the same performance as the northwood, only it gets quite a bit hotter due to leaking current in the processor core. So either the AMD 64, or the northwood if you are not planing to overclock. If you are, i'd go for the AMD 64 or Prescott.. Which one it will be is really ones own decision, there not much difference in them..
Intel processors can run with Intel chipsets (which imo is the only go if you want something real good/stable), but might be a bit slower then AMD 64's in price/performance.
AMD 64 has 64bit support, but no one really knows when 64bit is going to be widely used

2.8 northwood is a good cpu think snee has it the 2800 amd wont be as fast no where near it infact really athlon 64's are very expensive if u want a good one ( fx 53 ?? ) other than that rest are a waste of money..