Where The Hell Has My Speed Gone?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hum, dont think its the distance because ive had 54.0 from the exact same spot, just upstairs from the main router is....
is one of me settings fucked or do i need a router reset? i dont bloody know what to do with it, :mad:

Last edited:
IroquoisPliskin said:
hum, dont think its the distance because ive had 54.0 from the exact same spot, just upstairs from the main router is....
is one of me settings fucked or do i need a router reset? i dont bloody know what to do with it, :mad:
send us a picture of you naked with 20 swedish (female) cheerleaders and I might try to help you :P

dunno.

dunno, checked a few settings with my wlan network.

There's no reason whatsoever it would have changed if you didn't change any settings on your pc, so maybe log in to your wireless router and check those settings. My router tends to do weird things sometimes and all I can do is reset it. (Be sure to write down or remember all the settings.)

If the problem remains, maybe give us the brands of the wlan pci card and the router. :)

Well, lex that was funny (no it wasn't). As for the wlan problem; the world must be rid of wlans, they are the devils tools to annoy us lowly earthlings. I hate my wlan crap. That is the best advice I can give.

Wireless is unreliable. I have the same problem. I can see the signal strength fluctuating between poor and very good over a few microseconds. Reasons I have identified as likely candidates are atmospheric pressure and cloud cover, standing in the way of the aerials, and other significant radio sources, including microwave ovens and using the shower(which creates an electromagnetic field within 4 feet of the router).

Doesn't always happen and there is no pattern to it, but it sucks. Only real solution is to connect by wire.

There is a new wirelesss standard coming which will allegedly resolve these issues but is unlikely to be available until at least the middle of next year.

hum ive tried to move the whole setup 90 degrees to to my right so that the thingy is pointing at the floor and toward the router :shout: , ill have to run around for a new wireless aerials, but i cant find any online, all i need is the aerial, not the whole card, and theres no option of moving the comp elsewhere :( i think it needs a thorough look, again, ffs, (and the fokin thing failed me during the U v Wkd war when i had to leave because i was just laggin like a donkey.and its still 11.0 Mbps :angry:

ty (but isnt ebuyer an online only shop?, prefer to walk into a shop an see exact what im getting), but i might have to go for 20-25M to get the bugger upstairs to be on the safe side, as i dont do inches lol.

U can see wot ur getting online :lol:

Ebuyer isnt going to fleece u over a LAN cable on purpose, even if it did ud just send it back and tell em to re-deliver the right thing.

Also, isnt a massive cable running through the house gonna be a bit annoying? :P

Any pc shop will sell ethernet cable or even make it up to order if they arent a big chain store. Would probably work out cheaper if you can buy it locally to save postage.

http://www.solwise.co.uk is a good site for wireless advice and aerials etc, I found in my house that I cant get much better than 22meg from ground floor front room to 1st floor back, even then it takes a lot of playing with aerial and router position to make it a steady connection.

ye teh setup currently means we cant play much around with the router position, because of the cable going to the main brothers computer, (cant disturb that comp lol ), and the amount of times ive fiddled with the aerials and router postion with no luck is fokin annoying, so thats why im going wired, prolly pick up a cable from maplin tommorrow and see what that delivers. if not, *sigh*:chainsaw: :chainsaw: