Whats your view on clans that use Merc's?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hmmmm

well i don't see the problem using one merc if your a member short, ask the opposition, they would probably agree....

what i was trying to get across was when one team was so lame as to only have 3 or 4 members show up and then make the rest of the team up with other clans players....

And i know this happens.

wtf is the point of having a clan if only 3 members show up for matches.?.

BUT, on the other hand, if u can't get 6 ppl together at a "PRE-AGREED" time and place, then you Don't deserve to win period.

Thats just bad leadership.

cheers.

no.9

agree ace...
@towanda:
and yes, all members in BO play for fun only
when we played u last month u were three meberz short at the start (i call that an uneven game...) and u WERE PISSED about that cant tell me it was worth the fun playing this few minutes when u were sure to lose against us with 6 memz

thats what i want to say
it aint fun playing a clan in 3on6
it aint fun losing against a clan 6on6 when they used mercs

btw would it be okin ur opinions when Mod1 get mecs from Mod2 (or Sixth 1-2 or UKS squad 1 and 2 mercing)
they are too different clans with different leaders passwords.... but have same origin

Erm... No I'm not playing for money.

We are all playing for fun and that was my point.

You can't impose your idea of having fun on all other people.

Some people don't have fun playing a match when they're short of players.
Some people don't enjoy matches when their opponents are using mercs.

We have to find a consent that suits most of the people.

I agree that playing 4 (or less) vs 6 can suck.
But wtf is your clan doing in this league if you can't even get enough players together for matches.

Personally I don't think that the fact whether a match was fair or not only depends on if it was a 6vs6 or not.
A match isn't necessarily fair as long as teams are even (in numbers)
And if you were to choose a merc you would most likely choose the one that will most likely help your clan to win the match.

I've been in alot of clans who had problems getting a full team together for matches , but that doesn't justify mercing in my opinion, because its basically just a problem of organization.

If you don't have enough members - recruit newbies or other clanless people and train them.
If you have enough people but those people aren't reliable - slap them in the face or do anything else that will make them change their behavior.

But to me mercing is nothing but bad sportsmanship.

Originally posted by Towanda
@Cece: do you really think its fun playing an uneven game?,

No Towanda... but I DO think that mercs make the game much more uneven than 1 or 2 missing players (because clans will always try to choose mercs that are better / more skilled than their own team is).

In the end it's gonna be the clan who WAS able to put together a full team who will have to suffer for the mercing clans inability to do the same.

Last edited:
@C@$h:
when we played u last month u were three meberz short at the start (i call that an uneven game...) and u WERE PISSED about that cant tell me it was worth the fun playing this few minutes when u were sure to lose against us with 6 memz

playing 3 vs 6 is no fun no matter which of the teams you are on, we should have forfeited that match but then there would not have been a match and that sux even more :P

@Cece:
but using mercs that don't "stand out" would be ok, wouldn't it? and if u replace a team member with a merc with exactly the same skills as the member the teamplay will suffer from it:) so the question is more like what mercs should be allowed:cool:

there is a simple way to stop all mercing

since playing for more than one clan is allowed why not get everyone to jion every clan that way there could be no mercs as your be in the clan anyhow

yes i know this is silly, but hey iam just a fool

:lol: nice idea Ajax.

And if we're all clanmates anyway then why fight?!

LET'S PARTY!!!

:party2::party::party2::party::dj::party::party2:

@ Towanda: Do you think that there is any objective measurement scale for the skill of assault players?

@ Towanda: Do you think that there is any objective measurement scale for the skill of assault players?
How would that be possible u moron:D that was just for theoretical reasoning :P

hmmm, I got a dejavue... carnt you find new topics... grrr, waste of time to read all those discussions again

Well what else than a merc-discussion do you expect when you see a thread named "Whats your view on clans that use Merc's?"

Stop wasting your time and don't read em if you feel that way fs :D

Originally posted by Ajax
there is a simple way to stop all mercing

since playing for more than one clan is allowed why not get everyone to jion every clan that way there could be no mercs as your be in the clan anyhow

yes i know this is silly, but hey iam just a fool

man, since ya joined us, you also got the brains of a monkey :D

GOOD IDEA!!!! :rolleyes:

Well, I think almost nobody likes playing against a clan of mercs. But most people like playin games - and if they get asked to play as merc they do it. Stoppin it aint possible really, user.ini-- u just send it tothe merc, ngstats- not every1 usin it, ip- in Germany almost only dynamic ips, dunno bout other countries.

clap clap

I and some others that played as mercenaries officialy wouldn't have done it if there was a rule against it, honestly :D I can't speak for lower divisions at all. today for example <<--][-->> was going to have a match against -={Mi5}=-, but McNeill was very pissed about having to use a mercenary as they became short on players, so we decided to move the match :D
in the end - what I think teams in the lower divisions should think about primarily is that their mercenaries will stop aiding them as soon as their team rise to the same level as their mercenaires, and they'll gain nothing but humiliation as they will start loosing heavily at that level - especially without their mercenaries who suddenly are their enemies :D
I could make a long list... including ION playing as mercenaries for Mi5, Mi5 playing for TnT, TnT playing for AAK, ION playing for Mi6, Mi6 playing for Mi5, Mi5 playing for Mi6, Mi5 playing for MoD, Mi5 playing for NRG, BoT playing for Mi5, BoT playing for NRG, your mum playing for me, etc... like it ever lead somewhere (possibly to end up playing against eachother or dropping out of the league, or the first division) :D
In the end, the downside is worse for the team using mercenaries :D