What's next?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sonic

Running Target
Jun 8, 2001
Holland
Now we have a demo and we have a compiler to create the code but theres no Assault! Damn this, we're all waiting for that.

What are the plans for making Assault for ut2k3 now? If the code is already inside we can just start making maps? (if theres an editor :banghead: ) Or are 'we' gonna create other, better code? Is the infinitegames team already doing something? Can't wait to play that new assault :)

Let me say it again, that we are not redoing Assault for UT2003. Unreal: Conflict will be a total conversion, using its own weapons, inventory etc. At this stage the only similarity is that it will be based on objectives (there will be other similarities but exact details are not public yet). If you like Assault it does not nessacarily follow that you will like U:C, if you don't like Assault it doesn't nessacarily follow that you won't like U:C :)

Think of U:C as more of a new game than a mod, in the same vien that Tac Ops is a UT mod, but is absolutely nothing like UT, U:C will be a UT2003 mod, but nothing like UT2003 (no it wont be a realism mod like TO before anyone draws the wrong conclusion) :D

I could release the code base for a UT2003 port of Assault, I could have done about a month ago. But RoAR want to develop Assault for UT2003, so I wont be releasing it, ill leave it to them who will be able to maintain it and develop maps for it too (unless they give up on it), something I wont be able to do, working on U:C.

ohw, i didn't know other teams were working on an assault mod. Does 'roAR' have a website or something?

is there gonna be spammy weapons in U:C? there better be, otherwise its just gonna be TO in the future :(

Whats a spammy weapon? Anything not tracehit? Anything that can be bounced off the wall? Something that deals splash damage or damage over a larger area? Or something that can hold so much ammo you can just sit there and fire at a point until some1 comes, or drop it and pick up a new one and do the same

TO isn't a realism mod cos it has nearly all tracehit weapons, its various things, like not taking many shots to be killed, not respawning when you die etc etc, most of which will not apply to U:C.

Oh and U:C will not be just tracehit weapons (and there will be weapons that deal splash damage or damage over a wider area), but we will be aiming to make it as free as possible of mindless spam.

otherwise its just gonna be TO in the future

how do you know?

we havent published what its going to be yet only a brief outline and from that it doesnt sound like TO!

a bit of mindless spam is ok
as long as the weapon doesnt hold 2 much ammo (imo 50 flak or 40 rox or 50 shockrifle or who knows how many rippers is a bit 2 much of a good thing)

(of course i am not saying that U:C will have spam, since i don't know dick about it :D)

Last edited: