What would make this happen? (Server admins help please!)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Darkheart

Jun 9, 2001
Somewhere
Ever since I set my server up I used to ping around 60ish to it which was fine. But over the last 2 weeks+ I've been stuck with a ping of 150+ even though this server is very close to me geographically. I haven't changed anything on the server and I haven't changed anything on my client. What's gone wrong?

Darkheart

OH BTW I can still ping servers like Jolt and Demon fine at about 35-40 ish and download at around 75KBps so nothing wrong with Iternet connection...

Darkheart

Run a traceroute with a program like visualroute or neotrace or even the dos tracert command and see where the prob is.

yeah what phear said, if u havent changed anything urself then its probably bad routing

Tracert shows everything going ok more hops than usual but not that many. If it was a down router I would have thought it would be fixed within a day or 2 but this has been a long time now.

I dunno why I'm getting the extra hops, I get about 22 for a server less than 5 miles away.

Darkheart

Could be your ISP giving ICMP and/or UDP packets lower priority to ease off a stressed network...I know mine does from time to time :/.