What about this for the league?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

spoq

Jul 5, 2005
Holland
We were thinking, what about this for the league?
Every division has 5 clans in it. we all play 2 matches each month and at the end of the month we regulate the last and promote the first of the divisions.
I'm saying this cause the disivions now are clearly not working. Division 1 has so many 8-0's these days it's just getting boring for everyone. I talked this over with people in the pug channel and most people were very supportive.
Another good reason to play 2 matches a month is making it easier for clans to get 6 players. Less matches means more time to arrange them and above this, 2 matches a month makes other gametyps like proas or ias easier to arrange matches.

And above all, it would give clans good matches. Matches who aren't sure to be 8-0.

Any ideas about this?

Just because the nonagon goes, we still have the Pentagon system. It is effectively exactly the same as teams will play the same system as the nonagon. Do people realise that if 1 more clan left this month we would have 4 clans in division 2 meaning that it would be made into 1 big division. The league is dying, we know this and the only way to revive it (albeit slightly) is to create some fun and competition for those who want it. Teams are bored of getting beaten 8-0. Get relegated, win every match 8-0, get promoted, lose every match 8-0.

We have enough almost, for 4 divisions of 5 clans.

It also brings the problem that the top division will only play the same clans for months?

It also brings the problem that the top division will only play the same clans for months?

Well we in eas enjoyed the matches against coh, mod and 8 the most. Just because there was some competition. Fighting other clans are just 8-0 wins and no fun at all, the difference in skill level is too big.
If eas would still be around if rather play mod/coh/8/aut every month then get the easy 8-0 wins. NO one signs up for those wars anyway.

Why sneez? If its 2 matches per month, it will be the same, playing each can every other month.

Team 4 plays Team 1 and Team 3 in April; and plays Team 2 and Team 5 (new team) in May.

Oke, alot of good reactions....too bad non of em made sence :x
Can anyone who complains accualy give me a reason why they do NOT want this system?
I'm up for discussions but I'd like to talk to someone who has good arguments.

No comment on this...we do that already. If CoH would play mod tonight, we'd play them again in 2 months so what do you wanna say? If we play 2 matches each month we get atleast some rotations...

As it stands or would stand:

Division 1

Team A - Mi5
Team B - CoH
Team C - AUT
Team D - TNT
Team E - FDC

Division 2

Team E - ADC
LAG
dzz
SveK
DoG

Division 3

ud
bc
b33r
LOS
DFP

Division 4

NAC
SD
Df
Ngu
atP

Example of 2 months of Matches:

Month 1

Mi5 v AUT
Mi5 v FDC

CoH v TNT
CoH v AUT

TNT v CoH
TNT v FDC

AUT v Mi5
AUT v CoH

FDC v Mi5
FDC v TNT

FDC relegated
ADC Promoted

Month 2

Mi5 v CoH
Mi5 v TNT

CoH v Mi5
CoH v ADC

TNT v Mi5
TNT v AUT

AUT v TNT
AUT v ADC

ADC v CoH
ADC v AUT

No repeats, change every month. No playoffs to bother about. I'm sure a diagram can be drawn up but I aren't gonna try to do that as I believe Deadboy has done one before. Obviously every league runs the same way.

Timo, look at them threads, that was aimed at ias and proas. This is stdAS.

Do you realise if 1 more clan was to leave this month, we would lose division 2? Then there will be no nonagon or any scheduling method whatsoever. We are coming to a climax and no one wants to save it.

I don't see a problem with that system, if anyone can please identify!

Thats it Timo :D. I am being very presumptuous as to whether it can be easily implemented or whether it can be done in a short time span. I don't expect you or the current admin team to drop stuff to work on a long project at the end of a long league. :)

Last edited:
make its 5 teams, 4 matches a month, loser relegated, i would much rather play 4 matches a month then 2 simply because it keeps the competitive nature of the league. 2 matches a month is boring it will just end up people forgetting about the matches cause theres not enough of them! its like that every month anyway, 2 good games and 2 x 8-0 games that nobody wants to play. 3 matches would be ideal, but im not working it all out. :rofl:

i thing is sure, change is urgently needed.

i think with the pentagon the problem would be that you lose interest even more... fe when i play last 2 sundays of a month and next month same thing, i'm almost certain I won't play UT first 2 weeks of those months and end up playing not at all anymore...
just my opinion, I'd go by Hexagon...

:wave: bart! :D look m8, I made my first post! :D
@ wierdo and torp thnx for that info guys, realy makes it alot clearer for everyone!

make its 5 teams, 4 matches a month, loser relegated

Updated chart above.

Yeh, so potentially you're playing the 3 of the 4 same opponents each month if you put mandatory 4 matches in, so long as strict relegations, one up one down occur and only playoffs in the event of ties for last/first.

3 matches would be ideal, but im not working it all out. :rofl:

Thats exactly what me and Tweety/CZ_Soldier though when we read the first post.
5 clans in division? Damn good idea, ;) but im not sure if should be better 5 or 6 clans in each division.