Were you here for the advent of launching?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Inferno

Greatness Personified
Jun 8, 2001
Canada
I was just wondering how many really old school people are still around. If you weren't around for at least the discovery of hammer launching then go away :P

I was here (MouldyPotato), were you?

I miss the old days of assault when something new drastically changed at least one map every week or 2.

playing pinball on maps to test launch
some off the launch we used before are even obsolete now, or not used anymore
funny

Pete showed me the mazon cheat :rolleyes:.

Remember the first time i played mazon, didnt know launch or hammer and it took me and this other guy the full time, all we got was the front doors lol,

Yup, I remember that we had a praccy and we tried to launch someone in the overlord cavern for like 3 hours

I remember Konnan explaining me how to do the :impact: on Fregate _:lol:_

Lol can remember when some1 showed that pic of the triple launch or whatever its called where u hl from start of overlord to guncavern and every1 was like; WTF ye right

I'd say Inferno is talking about the general discovery of hammerlaunching, not just when someone taught you how to do it. :p:

anyway, >)CnE(<-=ViPER=- ready for combat :D

sneez said:
I remember Konnan explaining me how to do the :impact: on Fregate _:lol:_

and obrero "magic" jump to roof on frigate ^^

Lol can remember when some1 showed that pic of the triple launch or whatever its called where u hl from start of overlord to guncavern and every1 was like; WTF ye right

lmao those tripple hammer launch :D never worked for me, but still remember the position :D

Last edited:
I remember playing with Lucifer and Senselessgirl, where the fuck did they go to anyway :p

Joko, i mean, DARKKNIGHT, i teached u all! :P

dunno.. i was around in 2000 as <12yearold>...

My bro is oldskool tho
Code:
 FvB or summin was his name b4 ppl thought he was in a clan called [CODE] and wanted to join :lol:

Last edited:
Pete said:
I remember playing with Lucifer and Senselessgirl, where the fuck did they go to anyway :p
You can still find Senseless on BoomTown sometimes. (Mostly with some Dwap dudes;))

Oh btw some names: Nasty, Allaahh al Hakbaarrr dude, Sad Muppet, Julia.

I remember launching on Overlord vs UTGODS while they defended tunnels with 6 players :lol:

I was -CrackKing-_)FJS( .... so erm not much has changed nick wise :rolleyes:

once i was invited to the aak-server (the old really sucky one):

][UTU][TAKI then joined the server and [AAK]-=GOD=- (later with the TNT clantag at the end too) showed him how to hammerlaunch someone from the beach to the cavern in overlord :D
well... first i had to learn when to jump exactly - cuz that ain't easy either :lol:

mazon was very special in the history of AS tho:
dunno what was first:
- the hammerjumps which were not defended and which broke every defences back as everyone was standing at the chains :D (and everyone was like wtf! *wave* ajax :D )
- OR the rocketlaunch directly @ the left of the RL in mazon which killed the launchee 75% of the time :lol:

btw: lilfvb. ur bro was in BoD and then in AAK :D
but that was after MadHawk)FJS( joined us and bekame AsukA :D

Last edited: