Webdesign

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Shinon`

19x sshot!
Aug 21, 2002
Sprang-Capelle, NL
hi... i'm trying to make a 'simple' webpage... just one single page with links to 2 other sides

i want to use exactly the same form/images as shown on this site http://www.tribaltrading.nl/ ....
but when i try to use their code, i only get the code of the text i can scroll (just what's in the orange part) :s
i'm not experienced with using code's of other pages at all... so can you help me?

in short: i only want to change that what is on the orange, rest should stay the same...

thank you..

First: This page is using frames which means that vissible part of side contains several documents.

Second: Using it without permission of an author is stealing :/

First: This page is using frames which means that vissible part of side contains several documents.

Second: Using it without permission of an author is stealing :/

o, rly?

first of all... i don't steal it, i'm allowed by the owner of the shop, but he can only update the website, he doesn't own it :\

second of all, the first thing you said is something i don't understand :P

so i have to wait few months for the designer of the website to come home from Mexico? so he can send me those documents or whatever...
that would be kinda shit, because i'm using it for a school project (not even planning to put it online, that's why i could use it in the first place)...

Last edited:
Frames splits the page, so that you can display multiple pages as one window. The frames page is made up of HTML which purely and simply tells the browser to look for other pages and place them in a particular section. For example if you made a frames page which was split exactly in half 50% and 50% of microsoft.com and apple.com you'd see both at the same time as the frames page is telling the browser where to look.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------
|                   |                             |
|   Frame 1         |          Frame 2            |
 -------------------------------------------------

The main bit of the page you've pasted is here: http://www.tribaltrading.nl/main.php and this is displayed in the middle. The frames page tells it where to display it on the screen. It also uses a menu page http://www.tribaltrading.nl/menu.php . It uses others too. The frames page just tells the browser where to put these.

you create an index.html file where you specify the frames and from there you just show it in which frame it should put the pages (edit links and content accordingly)

but tbh it's pretty lame to just go and copy a website over because you don't know what you're doing.

sorry i'm not 1337 enough to create a good website by myself :s
542126.jpg

sorry i'm not 1337 enough to create a good website by myself :s
it's not about any sort of "leetness", it's about respecting the effort other people have put into their own stuff. You could just take the time and learn it yourself, come up with your own ideas, works and results and then it's fine. But I guess it's no use lecturing you here, seeing the way you respond like a 10 year old.. well, enjoy your site.

frontpage sucks tho. that program creates a lot of useless code. use dreamweaver or a program like that, works fine :]

but to be really honest. try to avoid frames. almost anything u create in a frame can be created without them.

it's not about any sort of "leetness", it's about respecting the effort other people have put into their own stuff. You could just take the time and learn it yourself, come up with your own ideas, works and results and then it's fine. But I guess it's no use lecturing you here, seeing the way you respond like a 10 year old.. well, enjoy your site.

this is not a site i design for fun, Neph, that's why my reaction so '10-year-oldish'... this is really importand for my school.. but even more important for the school i'll do next year... Offcouse i want to learn stuff about webdesigning. But i've just never worked with Frames, i thought people would understand...

frontpage sucks tho. that program creates a lot of useless code. use dreamweaver or a program like that, works fine :]

but to be really honest. try to avoid frames. almost anything u create in a frame can be created without them.

that's a sort of advice i like ;)

can i use tables or something then? the length and width isn't really important (i'll design my logo and image later), but what is import that i can scroll in mid area....

like this
Code:
G|[I]Scroll Area[/I]
E|[U][I]Scroll Area[/I][/U]__
[U]E|[/U]______[U]Menu[/U]___

thank you :bowdown:

u can make that in tables. but tables are just really for putting information in. Think about Word. u dont make up a page with just tables. u put information into them.

If u want to make the Lay-out u want u should just work wit div's. These tags are used to combine with CSS and make up websites ;)

yer but i think it's a bit too much for someone who has a yet very limited knowledge of html to design a clean website with nothing but divs and a css file

so tables will do the trick and in fact frames will be as efficiant and even easyer if its just for some kind of school thing, but thats just my opinion coz i'm a lazy bugger

this is not a site i design for fun, Neph, that's why my reaction so '10-year-oldish'... this is really importand for my school.. but even more important for the school i'll do next year... Offcouse i want to learn stuff about webdesigning. But i've just never worked with Frames, i thought people would understand...
So on something very important your main idea is to steal/copy? gg.

So on something very important your main idea is to steal/copy? gg.

which part didn't you get when i said i was creating my own logo/image?
and besides that you don't even know the work i have to do...

i have to make a website of my own...
but it has to do something with something i like (piercings in this case)... i have to bring the same message as the site i'll recreate (in my case, that's www.tribaltrading.nl ), but yet put my own twist in it...

so why are you even bothering replying to this thread?
if that's stealing, for fucking sake, then forums.utassault.net is... how many forums are there on the web, i never heared you bothering martz or someone because these forums are o so copy of vBulletin...

next time please think befor you talk, you're starting to talk like my gf... kthxbai

ON-TOPIC: i can't seem to frame on a blank page :confused: under the option 'Frames' the only option i can click is 'open page in new window'

so first of all, how to make a frame?

(i'm trying DreamWeaver tomorrow, maybe that'll bring some luck, Microsoft Frontpage 2003 is giving me an asskicking time with tables...)

To rest of all who tried helping me, thank you...