Weapons/projectiles textures

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ok hump,u seem to know so much about the way things should be done so plz explain y cutting out tweaks is so bad ,if u fail to respond in 5 mins i take it ur still waiting for another cheating cunt to tell u wot to type:moon:

sKull said:
ok hump,u seem to know so much about the way things should be done so plz explain y cutting out tweaks is so bad ,if u fail to respond in 5 mins i take it ur still waiting for another cheating cunt to tell u wot to type:moon:
@least i'm getting abit bored with the look of sum weapons so being able 2 put on sum eyecandy doesnt harm any1 but sum sadfookers that havent even tested sum of the tweaks comes here and acts "c00l" and says ban all when they know shit about em but I dont care if u block the frigging flack texture cus I like the orginal colour as 4 the crap about blue would be easier 2 see loool then ban shockrifle altfires it's blue!!:o
wonder why the trafic signs got a orange kinda look in swe :rolleyes:

and the 1s who say u can see throught shockcomco easier with the lightning texture erm u use 2 run and hide behind the combos or what? the litle fart more it gives visibility doesnt do shit if it even gives more visibility hard 2 say.. but thats not even the reason I'm using it:shock:

the blue pulse balls doesnt definatly do any harm, people hardly even uses the pulse primary..

all those sound tweaks r lame imo havent tested em but it u can hear ur enemy earlier/more exact thats an unfair advatage..

but the texture tweaks doesnt really do any harm if u dont go and add sum transulent textures on sum stuff but if u bow r on the blocking mood plz leave the frigging shock alone @least 2 make sum of us happy with the litle more UT99.0000000002k3 look:shout:

Last edited:
dynamic light(s) for projectiles

After a pretty depressing fpsdrop (to about 20-30% of normal) in a match, i want to make some extra changes to my tweaks. Reason i post is obviously that i want the result to be "allowable" or in the release menus.

Some of it i havent found solutions for yet but here is the list of things i want to achieve:
dynamic light from most projectiles turned off (+ their lightradius zapped to somewhere near 0.0), only keeping for bio, shockball & deemer (and pulse secondary). Yes i could turn off all dynamic light in the menus, but really only projectiles are a issue dues to the sheer amount of them.
Minigun tracer changed from a mesh to a sprite (3d->2d, remove the mesh?). someone must know a good alternative already.
Not sure i want smokepuffs removed, they are good for detecting enemy fire and measuring lag/delay, even though they are a pain when 3-6 guys are all trying to stick a minigun on full secondary up each others noses.
Still want to have 'spark/sparks' and 'chips' removal on positive list.

------------
summon mtracer
summon plasmasphere
summon rocketmk2
summon razor2alt
// minigun tracer
set mtracer lightradius 0 // default 3
set mtracer lighteffect le_none // default is lt_nonincidence
set mtracer lighttype lt_none // default is lt_steady
// pulsegun shot (primary)
set plasmasphere lightradius 0 // default 3
set plasmasphere lighteffect le_none // default is lt_nonincidence
set plasmasphere lighttype lt_none // default is lt_steady
// rocket shit
set rocketmk2 lightradius 0 // default 6
set rocketmk2 lighteffect le_none // default is lt_nonincidence
set rocketmk2 lighttype lt_none // default is lt_steady
// ripper secondary
set razor2alt lightradius 0 // default 3
set razor2alt lighteffect le_none // default is lt_nonincidence
set razor2alt lighttype lt_none // default is lt_steady
// superfluous effects:
set chip bhidden 1 // a mesh object, spawned by bullet impact on some surfaces.
set ut_spark bhidden 1 // a sprite, both spawned by bullets impact on most surfaces.
set ut_sparks bhidden 1 // a sprite
------------

The plasmasphere does not, according to unrealed, have a mesh. If i just set mtracer mesh=none, i get no tracer. However, if i set mtracer drawtype=dt_sprite i get some screaming blue thingy (see pic). I want to have it set to sprite draw, but i lack a acceptable texture. That one is just way too noisy and ideally i want something as close to the mesh, both in terms of color and size - i.e. a yellowish-white thing, preferably (a bit) smaller than pulse primary.
Not sure the summons are need to make it work, they are there just in case.

If anyone else want to turn off light for their shockball + bio thats fine with me. Didnt check if flakball is doing much, because the ball practically doesnt matter much for fps. Could be v.nice with sprite-draw for both ball+shards though if someone can find good replacements.

maybe a small (theoretical?) improvement can be gained from setting chip 'mesh=none' and/or 'drawtype=dt_none' (also for ut_spark, ut_sparks, minishellcase and ut_shellcase) in addition to just 'bhidden 1'. One thing is for sure, meshes are evil for framerate in UT. I gained 6-8% framerate offline testing minigun secondary with vsync off, when i just used minishellcase bhidden=1 and tracer light off, shooting into the air (out of tracer lightradius in any case). The savings are proably more dramatic where there are (multiple) objects within lightradius.

btw, finally took the hint and turned decals off or a while. Im not happy with that - I found i subconciously used them as indicators in some cases (like wtf isnt my shot showing? hit him? lag? grrr! and detecting recent shock&pulse whoring by the burns), e.g. their absense is now nagging at my attention, but it undoubtably improved minimum fps, though its hard to say how much.

Largo, try setting HighDetailActors=False , That should save you some fps

yeah, i know about those options and i appreciate your suggestions, but the point is i want to keep as much beauty as possible while increasing fps. Maybe alot of it has to do with it being online play, but if thats the case, i may as well retire from the league if it goes on like this. The particular problem that brought it up was attack on riverbed - as soon as i got near main entrance/defenders the fps indicator went to 30-32 or less though it felt like half that, and i think u all know how crippled u feel when ur used to 55-75 most of the time. Probaly 32 isnt bad if thats what u really get and if u get it all the time, but a sudden drop (at the worst of times) and a feeling like it's only giving you updates half as often as it says..... anyway!
All dynamic light off is a bitch imo.
So is highdetailactors=false (shieldbelt + what else?? removes transparency on hud + zoomsniper xhair?), but effect is minimal at best, because the card is bored afaik.
I already have fractalanim=off, which annoys me but it helps.
Atm i get no noteworthy improvement from using medium instead of high detail worldtextures. playertextures are at medium, taking a small hit if i set it to high.

in case u are curius, try these commands, to get some insight into whats making a frame and taking the time:
stat hardware
stat mesh
stat cache
stat game
stat fps
stat zone
U will notice that often a number of meshes are invisible (counted, but u cant see them). This is due to overdraw and other occluding effects, the point is ut still spends time processing them and in case of overdraw also lights and textures them (i.e. renders them).
Try it looking down from siege tower, with a not so super system, and u will get an idea of how much slowdowns are often caused by ut(/drivers) and not ur gfx card. Ignore the actual framerate, watch the other timings...
Note: the BLIT should be 00.1, or <1.0 at least, if u dont have vsync or some framerate limiting option turned on. Else it should indicate how much time is spent waiting for the next refresh interval after the frame is ready.

I tell u, there are moments i consider putting my gf2mx back. While my current card is vastly more powerful, the performance increases in lowfps areas has been nowhere near proportional to the raw speed factor or increases i saw in the ut2k3demo and other more gpu demanding games. At times i even fancy it did better in firefights that this card does - maybe nvidia just has way better drivers.

I combined Hump & Exodus tweak and changed some stuff :)
now i like it...
----> NO CHEAT, NO ADVANTAGE ----> LOOKS COOL

// Shockrifle changes
summon supershockrifle
set shockexplo bhidden 1

set shockbeam mesh pbolt
set shockbeam texture UTflare5
set shockbeam drawscale 0.2
set supershockbeam mesh pbolt

set shockriflewave mesh none
set shockriflewave texture MuzzleFlash2
// If you want a big LightCross in the Comboexplosion
//set shockriflewave texture flakmuz //
set shockriflewave skin none
set shockriflewave drawtype DT_sprite
set shockriflewave drawscale 1

set shockproj Lightradius 10
set shockproj Lighteffect LE_Rotor
set shockproj Lighthue 42

set ut_comboring skin UnrealShare.Effect50.fireeffect50
set ut_ringexplosion4 skin UnrealShare.Effect50.fireeffect50
set ut_ringexplosion3 skin UnrealShare.Effect50.fireeffect50
set ut_ringexplosion skin UnrealShare.Effect50.fireeffect50
set ut_ringexplosion5 skin UnrealShare.Effect50.fireeffect50

Here you can see the combo explosion

Felerian said:
I combined Hump & Exodus tweak and changed some stuff :)
now i like it...
----> NO CHEAT, NO ADVANTAGE ----> LOOKS COOL

Here you can see the combo explosion

the middle sux of it imo but the ring ownz

AlphAblAr^ said:
post more tweaks ffs! :P

i will hopefully this month..
i am working on a totally 1337 ini without advantages for players. just cool textures and screenmsgs :)
Then ill post here then leagueAS can be released =P

how much time do i have?

Does anybody have a BLUE PULSE?
(not the one at the start of the thread... cuz its gay... i want everything blue not just the ball *explosion and secondary still green - wtf*)

@felerian:
"set shockproj Lightradius 10
set shockproj Lighteffect LE_Rotor"

lightradius is going to be a :nono: with very few exceptions. And so is most if not all lighteffect and lighttype (except lt_none, le_none). For much the same reasons that modifying (ambient)sounds is going to be blocked.
Sad that some funky shit has to be blocked to stop abuse, but to keep anticheating from grinding everything to slowmotion, while doing alot to keep/make things fair, some things are going to be 'casualties of the circumstances'.

btw, think u are looking for: plasmasphere, pbolt & starterbolt. Open unrealed and find the details in those urself :P