Weapons/projectiles textures

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless said:
How is it you apply all these textures again? I remember it's something like putting them in a txt file then execing it through the UT console but can't remember exactly how
thats how you do it. write the commands down and name the file e.g. tweaks.ini and save that in your UT\System.
then open UT and type "exec tweaks.ini" in console

Basdo said:
..open UT and type "exec tweaks.ini" in console
as an extension, you could also just make a shortcut for UT and put this line after the UT.exe "-exec=Tweaks.ini"
So the shortcuts properties will look like this:
Code:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe -exec=Tweaks.ini
:)

pld, i would like to have the possibility to use all this graphic tweaks, good idea imo, all can use them :))

ÊxØÐU§ said:
ok here is my combo....

Code:
summon supershockrifle
set ut_comboring skin tlthunder
set ut_ringexplosion4 bhidden 1
set shockexplo bhidden 1

set shockbeam mesh pbolt
set shockbeam texture UTflare5
set shockbeam drawscale 0.2

set supershockbeam mesh pbolt

summon UnrealShare.General
set shockriflewave mesh none
set shockriflewave texture flakmuz
set shockriflewave skin none
set shockriflewave drawtype DT_sprite
set shockriflewave drawscale 1

set shockproj Lightradius 10
set shockproj Lighteffect LE_Rotor
set shockproj Lighthue 42

attachment.php

i worked a long long time for this effect !!!!

and here my redeemer shockwave style

Code:
summon shockwave
set shockwave style sty_modulated
its the same one, only in black

my pulse
Code:
set plasmahit bhidden 1
set plasmasphere exptype none
summon unrealshare
summon unreali.skaarjprojectile
set plasmasphere drawscale 0.7
set plasmasphere texture UnrealShare.SKEffect.Skj_a00
set PlasmaSphere Lightbrightness 255
set PlasmaSphere Lighthue 255
set PlasmaSphere Lightsaturation 255
set PlasmaSphere Lightradius 10
set PlasmaSphere Lighteffect LE_Rotor
set PlasmaSphere Lighttype LT_steady

it is the skaarj projectile

Code:
set chunktrail texture muzzypulse
my flak, it is in green......

Code:
summon unrealshare
summon engine
summon unreali.peacerocket
summon unreali
set rocketmk2 mesh UnrealI.perock
set peacerocket ambientglow 254
set rocketmk2 drawscale 2

here my nice rockets, havent screenshots, try it

so, most of this tweaks are created by my self ^^

wie geil :yawn: suckt doch alles

Ty Basdo and SubZero - I had a tweak thing before but could never be arsed execing it every time I opened UT. But the shortcut thing should make it easier :D

Humph said:
who on earth plays with decals on? lol
And we should be able to remove the 2nd layer of the shock combo.
Well i do. Anyway i was referring to the biotweak pic posted by psy at threadstart. My motivation for being against reduction of the visual loudness of shockball + combo is:
Lowering the ball visual radius or in other ways making it less view obstructing, makes 'viewspamming' with it much less efficient (same reason roxsmoke is important to keep) and it makes it may easier to spam with balls and still see the enemy.
Similar with combo. It's powerful enough as is, without also granting you the ability to see past/through the blast. Sure that means u cant make the most of the spam, but combospam is abusive enough without making the view drawbacks from using it smaller.
However if u want a really 'loud' texture that blocks your view even more, i can hardly object, except on the ground that in the usual combo-a-door scenario, it makes it easier to spot, due to the old ut-engine feature/error that doesnt clip properly or doors etc. letting combo, smoke and stuff show partially.

One final note: i really hope that changing textures and other tweaks cant be done in the middle of a map, so u cant apply whatever is optimal for the given situation (increasing spotting or lowering visionblocking). Can see it now... while on def put really low effect for efficient spamming and back to normal/whatever when u just want to spot it early.

Nephilim said:
well jap we're not talking 'seeing it' as in looks here ;)
Well thats what i ment, u cant tell what textures i use if i edit the original textures with ie. photoshop.
Filename and size stays same, so the guys who only want diffrent look can surely do it without leagueas detecting it.

Largo, removing the second layer of the shock combo creates no visual difference whatsoever (with default textures that is)

dont think you will be able to import that image back into the same texture file tho?

Schock:
set ut_comboring skin jenergy2
set shockexplo Lighteffect LE_shel
set shockexplo Lighttype LT_steady

PulseGun:
i havent seen this one before, its like the minigun one, allowed as far as i know:
set pulsegun muzzleflashmesh none // No primary pulse gun Muzzle flash (3rd person)

+ this one non AS related:
summon udamage
set udamage texture Chunk_a00 // yellow Damage Amp texture

Thats all folks!

:chase:

Japster said:
Of course i can, theres no limits on texture packages editing.
and imo that is plain cheating!

once i said
oh and humph: maybe the "block"-voters would not care that much
(and maybe would have voted "allow")
if you had not posted in these forums about how much is possible in UT...
and that you can achieve things by using dlls or whatever cheat you mentioned.
maybe it is ur own fault that the vote went this way
and this whole thread just says to me "taki you were right" !!
first you say that you just want it because "it looks nice" and gives no advantage
then you say that you can hack it anyway and blah.
i mean... come on!

when i read how many things seem to be spread in this league
(just look at antis pulse! it looks like quake2!
or master and exodus having their uber secret commands)

then i have to say to myself:
"ah come on - we won't be able to do something against it anyway!"

so why do we fucking care?!
you can hack the textures anyway so why do we block the texture-tweaks in the first place?!
do you want to fool us?!

once i said that it is dangerous allowing different textures because this could be abused
-> textures that do give and advantage could be used
and i was right having doubts!
and who told me that i was right?
you, who want to keep the tweaks!

this is too much for me...

Japster said:
Well thats what i ment, u cant tell what textures i use if i edit the original textures with ie. photoshop.
Filename and size stays same, so the guys who only want diffrent look can surely do it without leagueas detecting it.

Now that was funny.
uED will probably ruin any package you try to modify like that -> mismatch -> can't join server.
It's not so simple but still possible to do, true.

Anyhow modifying a core package for any purpose is not acceptable in any way.
Taki is right, that's obviously a cheat and you know what that means.
Let me remind you once again that it IS possible to detect.

You say "theres no limits on texture packages editing". Well, there is one, and was set by the community on the previous poll. I suggest you stop being so 'funny' and accept the rules this community votes on or go playing elsewhere, simple as that.

_

Well since the textures would be the same resolution and filesize (No bytehacking needed) , I fail to see how you can do that.

Last edited:
Lex_Mortis said:
couldnt you just CRC check the files instead of checking every byte? ;)
Yes and no. anyway im sure psy will be along any minute now to lock the thread, because that is another discussion altogether and they dont want to say too much about what they can/cant do.
Basic: in unrealscript there are a number of limitations, which prevent crc and a number of other stuff. True, u can make the calculation (express the algorithm) but there are other barriers. Personally i suspect the ut-vm is capable of much more than u can get ucc to compile for you, but thats where it begins to get shady.