War of the Worlds

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rich

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted
Jun 7, 2001
Omnipresent
GO SEE IT

Its amazing ..

it has all the elements, pace and feeling in a movie that you want great script, acting and effects.

nothing more to say to be honest it really is that good.

one of the best years for movies in a long time .

Rich said:
GO SEE IT

Its amazing ..

it has all the elements, pace and feeling in a movie that you want great script, acting and effects.

nothing more to say to be honest it really is that good.

one of the best years for movies in a long time .

:eek: i saw a preview in the cinema and it looks "normal"

The Story is very old.. very know.. one of the first "Danger from out of space stories".

so iam cautious because "per anhalter durch die Galaxies/ hitchhiker through galaxis" wasnt a good movie .. so better read the book then watching the movie... its more fun.. :P

is there another good judgement from a SciFi Fan?

Some version of this movie was on tv today in holland, dating from 1958 orso.

I missed last 15min tho, coz of a fucking thunderstorm lol.

saw it this evening, was rly good imo, not convinced about the ending tho, think that coulda been a bit better

also not as good as batman as far as years movies go for me, but still entertaining and definitely worth seeing, sound and special fx rnt bad either

I seen it yesterday as well.

I found it a very good movie. I haven´t read the book, but the ending was quite a surprise. I heard that some people found the ending quite annoying, but at least you could say it´s very original ;)

Tom Cruise his acting wasn't all that bad, but wasnt good either. Dakota Fanning was the real hero in the movie, she plays like she's been in the business for 30 years, while she's only 11 years old.

Something I didnt really like:
BIG SPOILER
The look of the aliens, and that no one really died from their family

anyways, i'd really recommend it:
8.5 out of 10

Last edited:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Not going to see it.

Was alright I guess, I like how the effects were in the background rather than in your face effects. The film also has a nice feel of terror as well. Worth watching for the spectacle alone though, if theres any film that benefits from being watched on the big screen its this one.

I refuse to see anything made by Steven Speilberg starring Tom Cruise about Aliens. I would rather light myself on fire thank you very much.

Reactions: Martz
Maz said:
I refuse to see anything made by Steven Speilberg starring Tom Cruise about Aliens. I would rather light myself on fire thank you very much.

and u say that because?

munkZ said:
saw it this evening, was rly good imo, not convinced about the ending tho, think that coulda been a bit better
Well...
You have to realise that when the story was written, bacteria were still a topical and new subject, and not a great deal of people knew the inns and outs of how they work. Back then it was quite a cool ending I guess...

Couldn't agree with Rich more.

The only thing that could have made that film experience would have been the inclusion of the original music score from the musical. I thought that Cruise and Fanning were fantastic.

I also think it's hilarious that Fanning admitted in a press interview that she's wanted to work with both Cruise and Spielberg since she was a little girl :eek:

BRaiNRaiN said:
and u say that because?
Because i havent seen many movies starring tom cruise and directed by steven speilberg that were any good.

Maz said:
Because i havent seen many movies starring tom cruise and directed by steven speilberg that were any good.

Yeah there are so many movies out there aside from War of the Worlds that has Tom Cruise in it and is directed by Steven Spielberg right?

Or just 1..Minority Report..

no, i mean either one of them seperately, and yes minority report was BEYOND shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think minority report was shit at all, and looking at the imdb score, i dont think im alone on that matter. and as far as steven spielberg. He´s one of the most talented directors of this time imho. Looking at filme like saving private ryan, ET , jaws etc etc. They´re all firstclass movies. War of the world might not be his best movie no... but I think u have barely any knowledge of spielberg´s talent in movie making.

no flames intended :P

Very nice movie. Effect were great, i wasnt bored at any point in the movie so that's very positive. There were alot of things I didn't like
Like every1 in there area was getting fried and in family cruise no1 died, when they are in the basement hiding after they left fanning's brother (why the fuck did he want to fight and how did he get back?) and the guy who owned the basement suddenly went mad(?) and cruise just went in and killed him, without any kind of weapon while the guy that went mad was twice as big and had a shovel in his hand. But I don't want to sound like i hate the movie cause i enjoyed it:D.