video player problems

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Xsjado

~dzz~
Feb 23, 2008
london
yo, I'm not sure what's up with my video player but I keep getting this when I try and watch some vids on the web:

errorlololol.jpg

I'm guessing it's something very simple like an update I need to download or something, but I don't know what to do. cheers.

I downloaded firefox whichI couldn't get to work and I already use vlc :( this is why i'm having such a problem figuring it out!

I can watch videos onyoutube no problems. I downloaded what you suggested deadby but still no luck.. could it possibly be to do with video player priorities? like what player plays each file?

tbh its unlikely to be a codec prob if you got flash and vlc working ok
its maybe worthwhile installing the k-lite codec pack anyhow but....
my guess is that its more likely a file association problem?

how would I go about fixing a file association problem? i'll d/kl this k-lite pack for the time being, cheers

yup.. i've tried to download again, says it's successfully installed, and still can't view it. when I went to install it it came up with the same little picture of the circle/square/triangle, and once i had downloaded it came up with the normal flashplayer advert, so it looks like it should work :f

go to add remove programs uninstall flash player active X

install new version from rar below install all 3

Attachments

• flash.rar
    6.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ive had a problem with flash player in the past on a few PCs Ive repaired for people, websites said I needed to install/update flash player, it would then say its updated but the website would keep saying needs to install/update.

I cant remember exactly but I think the problem was some instant messengers using the files, it wouldnt let the program update properly so although the installer said it updates it doesnt actually update, hence why the websites keep saying install/update. Likewise if the programs are in use (even running in background) it wont let you uninstall via add/remove programs, itll say its removed but the files are still present on the pc as they are in use, when you install flash again it still doesnt overwrite the files because they are in use and you are back to square one.
I used a specific uninstaller from Adobe website in safemode and reinstalled flash, seemed to do the trick once I had worked out wtf was going on

good work! I found an uninstaller, installed a fresh version and it's sorted it. many thanks! and cheers to you deadboy for being so persistant :P