Utv Info Thread & War Updates

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

^od^

Jul 9, 2006
MATCH UPDATES
TEAM WISH VS TEAM MET 01/11/09 8GMT PREVIEW HERE
UTV Brought to you by od sports.

Hello, handy thread i'll re-use for all those that wish to spectate the games throughout this cup

To watch you'll need to download and install:

http://downloads.utassault.net/?d=Other/&f=utv33.zip

There is a more updated version but i'm advised 3.3 is best for compatibility with league AS :P

IP = www.utapug.net:23812
PW = utawatcher

Final advice - if you are experiencing crashing - and you use demomanager. TURN OFF AUTO DEMO REC - AUTO DEMO REC WILL MAKE YOU CRASH.

[/COLOR]

Short FAQ i'll update as people ask me:

Q) How do i connect?
A) Once UTV is installed, it adds an option in your 'mod menu' in game.
From here, click on UTV, enter the IP and PW (it should be above)
Hit connect, and away you go!

Q) Can i view from any player on the server?
A) No, your viewpoint is the same as what the UTV feeder watches, you can however use the commands
'Behindview 1' and 'behindview 0' to view from first person perspective. OR type in 'say' to me who you'd like to spec, and if i like you, i MIGHT do it!

Q) Can the players read what i say in chat?
A) No, only the UTV feeder and other members of UTV can. So if you want to spectate from a certain player, you can always ask me

Q) Is it real-time
A) UTV allows you to set a time-lapse, to avoid ppl on comms using UTV as a dastardly tool! As such everything you see will be about 15-30seconds later than it actually happens

Q) My UTV is stuck on 'buffering'
A) Hit disconnect/connect again

Q) My UTV screen HAS GONE BLACK?? OMG IM STUCK IN A WALL, WTF IS THAT??? HUH
A) Hit disconnect/connect again

Q) My UTV is stuck on 'awaiting level switch'
A) Hit disconnect/connect again. or I as feeder haven't joined server yet lol

Q) My UTV is stuck on 'unable to find map'
A) Download the map. dumbass.

Q) End of the map always seems laggy to me???
A) Unfortunately UTV requires the feeder(me) to restart UTV on every map change, this is just down to its coding, it needs a restart for each map, you the viewer shouldn't have to do anything and it should simply 'change' automatically the level once i've rejoined. If it doesn't, just reconnect.

Q) Any way to hear people doing commentary on the match?
A) Unfortunately with UTV you've only got the UTV text box for talking to other UTVers, and the UT normal text box, for reading the spec/players comments.
There is such a thing for voice streaming, it's called shoutcast and i've never actually done it or installed it before(Whereas i have done UTV before for other mods), I might learn it and we may do something special like a broadcast of some of us chatting away like pro^analysts flaming ppl for botting. But it'll take a bit more preparation as we'd need to get the delays right / borrow a SC server etc. We'll see. Not tonight though.

Q) As I can read whats happening in #8server tonight i'll see the objectives go and who won about 15s before everyone else in UTV!!! Won't it be fun to let everyone know what happens???
A) No, thats never cool, and it ruins the suspense for ppl. Don't be a lamex0r. Just because you can see in mIRC whats happened, don't spoil for ppl who don't want to alt-tab. Penalty is me kicking you from UTV, and then in the nuts. :P

Hope this helps and any questions pm me on #utapug. :snot:

Last edited:
<KillerDude> lol pogo
<DJ> oh yeah KD solved it
<DJ> auto record = never

[15:52:36] <KillerDude> yeah
[15:52:45] <KillerDude> i had the same problem

[14:59:04] <d-od> do you use demomanager?
[14:59:25] <b-kd> yes
[14:59:34] <b-kd> auto rec
[14:59:38] <b-kd> always on
[14:59:39] <d-od> turn that off
[14:59:43] <d-od> for when you watch UTV

i tryed earlier, but had a DE mismatch, this shit always get mismatch

on irc let me know when you're next around and i'll upload my de.u file.

Basically de.u (original, UT version 400) got patched sometime around about the 1st bonus pack for UT in 2000, and for all future UT: Game of the year edition copies.

I guess your version is still fairly epicly the 1999 ver :D

Good coverage guys! I really liked it, we had 20 viewers at one point during the game, not bad I would say for the first round!
Comments and info were good, we could follow it better that way, good work the utv camerawork OD but make sure you anticipate on what might happen :)

A shoutcast for semi/finals would make it more interesting if possible

Match was very tense with thriller endings Bali 6secs remaining and Desert with only 1 sec! Utv made it far more intens then irc channel :P

also is 5 sec delay enough?

UTV was well done OD. And useless with his commentary played a good part too. Need 1 Shoutcaster!!

Well i had huge problems with UTV using ODs files. DUnno why....

Every 7-8th second it keeps on disconnecting or something. Camre flies away and screen gets black for 2 sec and then its back again. This happens more often when i think OD uses behindview cam than when he uses GHOST MODE flying around.

Anyone knows why this happens? kept disconecting alot and its not really worth watching then.

suggestions? Router or something else? Old files? LAS? ....

Usuaully you just have to make sure the files required are installed rather than cached and I use UTV3.3 from ODs like above, no problems here other than every so often timing out when theres a map change.

Hmm it seems like when im in wtfhing my UTV STATUS changes between playing and buffering all the time. Every time the status shows buffering the camrera starts spinning around and sometimes i fly away and see through whole map like ur the map creator or something.

Ive got buffering setting set to !5"

But when im in watching and ist starts buffering the camera flips out

ROUTER or?
Does ur Status also changes between "playing" and "buffering" each 4th second?

Do I need open a port in my router for this or something?

Seems connected:
Code:
root@darkstar(~)# netstat -an
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State      
tcp        0      0 10.0.0.2:40828          81.19.217.216:23812     ESTABLISHED