UTV help please...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Looks like the livestream thing for Survivor is off, unless Ban can do the stream and we both do commentary over Skype. This may still happen and it would be great, but Plan B is me doing UTV, like last time (no multiple spec slots, sry). I don't mind doing UTV but I need help setting it up. Last time I remember different people recommending certain betas or w/e (Solar mb?) and I get no help from the forums because 'utv' as a search word is too short :clap:

Can anyone thoroughly fill me in again on how to set it up, what version to use, etc? Need to sort it before next weekend.

Cheers.

Watching is piss easy tbh, just install UTV, change your ut.ini and open UTV mod from the menu, THen put in whatever server and pw you're given and you're off. It's broadcasting that's giving me problems, mainly cos I dunno which version to use.

I've been to those two posts of course, but they both recommend using UTV3.3. THere's a UTV 4 out apparently and I have both but last time someone said "no don't use x version it sucks, use x beta" or something like that. Might have been Solar but I can't find him. If I can just have that conversation again or if anyone else knows which is the most stable version to use I think I'd be sorted.

Didn't you use utv4 last time for a while and specs had loads of problems so you used 3.3 for the rest of the match? Memory not great but something like that happened.

Im sure my conversations with you about this in the past have gone along the lines of:

I tell you
UTV3.3 is the only version that supports LAS properly as modified by Cratos so use this one
UTV4.0 fixes some other issues but breaks LAS compatability

someone else says
UTV4.0 fixes so much stuff, why would you use an old version

you then ignore me and use UTV4.0

Should have said

Just search for UTV* gets you to the minimum 4 chars and a lot of UTV threads, mostly with content from you

Im sure my conversations with you about this in the past have gone along the lines of:

I tell you
UTV3.3 is the only version that supports LAS properly as modified by Cratos so use this one
UTV4.0 fixes some other issues but breaks LAS compatability

someone else says
UTV4.0 fixes so much stuff, why would you use an old version

you then ignore me and use UTV4.0

No, I did a fresh install of Windows recently (as you know) so I no longer had either version. So I have now got both and am wondering which one to use. I'm not 'using' UTV4 at all, I'm asking which one to use. If you say it's 3.3 then I will use that. Pretty sure I did use 3.3 for last Survivor in the end, but I need to know for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the help.