UTV: FAQ

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychotic

OFF/GONE/IDLE/AWAY/NA/DND/AFK/BUSY!!!!!
Feb 26, 2002
Spain
To watch a match, come #utv channel (UTA irc) 15 mins before, so we have time to help you with settings if needed.

You can also join DFP's TS2 server (213.202.216.73) with the other watchers to comment the match and have a laugh :D

Instructions to install & use UTV on the IRC channel, type !utvhelp, will show this:
  • Download UTV33 , extract (UTV.int and UTV.u) directly into your UT's system folder (dont make a subfolder!).
  • Load UT, go to your menus, Mods -> UTV
  • On the first tab, "Watch", fill in UTV Server Address and Password. You will find them on #utv channel topic.
  • Click "connect"

If you are having problems with UTV read the following FAQ, or contact an operator at #UTV channel on UTA IRC, thanks.

Some important settings to enable the extended HUD (Objective Listings,...) can be found here: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?p=1124524#post1124524

FAQ:

Q: UTV doesn't connect / it says missing "LeagueAS140" package, or any map package
A: Make sure you have League137 installed locally, not downloaded from a server (cached) cause it won't work this way.
Download LeagueAS140 and extract into your UT's system folder.
Also make sure you have all the maps installed properly. Visit utassault.net Downloads section.

Q: My UTV crashes often while I am watching matches
A: That could be several reasons. UTV is not very stable itself, however:
Don't go windowed mode nor minimize UT, specially at map changes.
Try to avoid browsing through UT menus while watching.
Turn off the Auto-record feature in Demomanager.

Q: While watching I have a weapon in my screen. How can i get a rid of that?
A: Just change your weapon to hidden mode and reconnect to the broadcast server.

Q: The scoreboard is full of bots.
A: Type "killall bot" into console to get rid of them.

Q: Part of The HUD info is missing. I can't see team names, scores, objectives and so on. All the doors are closed...
A: You are probably running an old UTV version, make sure you have the latest: UTV33.

Q: At mapchanges the screen freezes / the broadcast doesnt continue, what happened there?
A: This seems another native UTV problem.
At map change, check "UTV Status" on top-left corner and reconnect manually if it says "Connection Lost".

Q: At the end of a map the HUD dissappears.
A: Just press F1 (or the key you have bind to "ShowScores") and the hud will be back.

Q: After watching a match, I'm getting kicked from all the UT servers I try to play at.
A: Disconnect from the UTV server and close UTV. Or just restart your UT.

Q: How much delay is there? Can I talk to the broadcaster or the players in game?
A: The delay is about 30-40 seconds.
The UTV chat with other watchers is in real time but the braodcaster reads your messages about 30-40 seconds later.
Of course, the players in the game can't read what you are saying.

_

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.