UTA Voice pack ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

!r!e

-)EaS*
Mar 16, 2003
Berlin
hi fraggers,

i got an idea! what about a voicepack with actually some shouts that make sense in game + some funny taunts? i mean things like "low, high, launchers..." and of course some funny taunts! i would make them!

as some of you might know i m a music producer/sound designer and plan to check out what the game industry might offer. prolly they got some better budgets than the f**** music industry and doin commercials is makin me sick... so this might be a good reference for me if such a voice pack would really be used in online gaming that s the deal for me and of course i still love this game and its community :love: in my opinion fresh voices could on the one side be really usefull if they were made to make sense in game and of course on the other side we could have some funny taunts! hearing/using the same taunts since 10 years is getting boring a bit init?

so my idea is to produce a UTA voice pack with like 2 male and 2 female voices. i d do it "professionally" with radio walkie talkie sound, beeps, noise and so. what i m missing unfortunatly is programming skills. i have no clue how to get them working in UT (uax file?) i know there are several custom self made voice packs for ut1 out there so it can t be that hard really... so is there anyone who knows how to get sound files working in ut / building / programming a voice pack? if yes plz tell me and help me make it working!?

the other thing is: i won t put effort in it if it wouldn t be used then... so is there interest in such a UTA voice pack? i look for reactions here and then maybe make a poll? such a voice pack will be a very small file which everyone has to dl, so i don t think this should be a prob? also Mym / Mc do you like the idea and are willing to put such a UTA voice pack on the PUG server?

ok tell me what you think ppl! also plz tell me what sentances / taunts you want in ! i might forget some ! also i m collection ideas for funny taunts!

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun idea to me if it could be used in assault , guess you could have team based specific assault shouts like
'Incoming Launch!' ' Incoming Low and High' 'Launch is Ready' etc with a number of other's + massive amount of new taunts lol.

Not sure how easy it would be to code it into the UT assault system, and if it is possible to put new sounds in alongside the already existing ones or if you would have to change the whole system over with a totally new sound set(but i guess you could just put all the old speech's into the new sound set and add new ones aswell) if thats the case you could make a nice new assault 'sound pack' easy downloaded. If it's not to difficult for someone to do, and your willing to spend the time making good tounts i say go for it! :thumb:

@ champ - it can t be that hard.... there are several custom made voice packs for ut... i d made them easily workin offline in ut, just put in the uax file, then edit in ini: x= speech 0 2 4 and so on... they work beside the normal voices.... you just select them in your character box in ut prefs... it s really not hard and it works besides the normal voices.... so you don t need to change existing UT code... just add the soundfile... and do keybinding.... it s like you add a map... nothing changes in the UT... it s just adding like adding a map.... i just don t know how to create such a uax out of mp3s or whatever format... but as i said can t be that hard, there are many many custom voice packs which work easily...
and yes of course, things like " launchers, low, high..." will be included and will make sense for gameplay... and especially for the no ts users... everyone else also will have fun with some new taunts!

another idea which just came up! ppl here so ALL YOU could also record taunts via ts or whatever, send me the files and they could be included, so your voice could be a part of such a UTA voice pack !

@ champ - it can t be that hard.... there are several custom made voice packs for ut... i d made them easily workin offline in ut, just put in the uax file, then edit in ini: x= speech 0 2 4 and so on... they work beside the normal voices.... you just select them in your character box in ut prefs... it s really not hard and it works besides the normal voices.... so you don t need to change existing UT code... just add the soundfile... and do keybinding.... it s like you add a map... nothing changes in the UT... it s just adding like adding a map.... i just don t know how to create such a uax out of mp3s or whatever format... but as i said can t be that hard, there are many many custom voice packs which work easily...
and yes of course, things like " launchers, low, high..." will be included and will make sense for gameplay... and especially for the no ts users... everyone else also will have fun with some new taunts!

another idea which just came up! ppl here so ALL YOU could also record taunts via ts or whatever, send me the files and they could be included, so your voice could be a part of such a UTA voice pack !

sounds like a good idea to me , i've heard some of the s**t voice add-on packs around other server's , but if you made a nice assault voice pack that is useful in the assault mod aswell as fun would be a good idea imo, good luck !

10 seconds of googling will give you quite a few tutorials, forum posts and suggest alternatives to UED like Voicepackcreator.

I see no problem with it being on Pug server, providing there is interest in it, the voice pack is not a huge size and it has sensible content (im not interested if all it does is give people new,maybe more personal taunts to spam)
The file has to be downloaded by everyone that joins the server whether they use it or not, so shouldnt be a masive file size although redirect and compression will help lessen the impact.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/929907/21602
http://www.realstarman.com/vtutorial.txt
http://www.filefront.com/11318529/PlayThis-Voice-Pack-Creator/

I honestly don't see much of a point. Nearly every1 uses TS anyway, save for a few who "don't have mics" or something.. And if I need warnings from someone withgout a mic, I'm quite capable of keeping half an eye on the console. (there are some exceptions ofc, but these are fairly rare.) But then again, I'm not sure if this works the same for everyone so I can't really judge this for the community as a whole.

But if other people show enough animo and you're willing to make such a pack, I'm not gonna stop you and might end up using it myself.

i dont mind the high, low, left, right, launch, dark, water, double launch!, in fact make a voice pack for every possible launch and strategy!!! ill use them when i cba talking! im sure that would help others too.

funny quotes? im not sure, kidding abusers will ruin them

But its a good idea and will freshen things up.

Speaking personnally, i have had taunts/voice messages turned of for at least 8 years, and wont be turning them on to play pugs, or any other game type/matches etc no matter what.

Having said that, it would be quite fun to have them for players who do use these in game additions.

Then í'll need 2 ut.ini's(?) because i play DM/CTF too.
The idea is nice though, as now my keyboard is full of low's and high's incoming.
But it would be better to keep it teamsay only. can't be arsed when i play to hear a d1ng or d0ng every time someone gets a kill :P