UTA survey! Rate the US

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

US-Influence in the world

• mostly positive

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • mostly negative

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • dunno/ neither

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Politically, you'd have to say negative, obviously.

But there's lots of other types of influence, impossible to say overall.

I like America for a lot of things and disliek them for a lot of other things.

Daft poll m8, sorry :confused:

Its an interesting question, but VERY few here are even remotely qualified to answer it.I spent 10 years on political forums both sides of the pond and while it certainly was very educational im still asking myself "wtf!?" on some of the basic questions like the nature of hypocracy and common sense. But if u take away politics there is no doubt that its waaaay positive, they just have a douchbag mentality when it comes to their own perceived safety and role in the world.

Being more critical about the US then say Iran or Myanmar means u should review your views.

Its a young nation and sadly they seem to be intent on making their own mistakes rather than learning from ours.

Ive concluded that while it can certainly get worse, it most certainly wont go completely to hell.

Everything is big in America it really is, even the bad stuff.

Yelling and insulting ppl never got anyone what they wanted.....

surely u can bitch a lot about the US but the aftermath of WW2 is that we might have some hitlerclan ruling in europe and the US also protected us from stalin...

Somehow, i think it wasnt just the US ;)

no it wasnt but suppose what might have happened if the US had stayed completely neutral - no shipments over the big lake ;)

They only intervened when thier interests became effected, before that they didn't care.

not quite true, besides as hitler was mr. warfare they coulda done lots of business with him. also, what country doesnt try to defend its interest? afterall its positive theres no hitler nor sowjets over europe - no matter if it was their interest or not.

surely u can bitch a lot about the US but the aftermath of WW2 is that we might have some hitlerclan ruling in europe and the US also protected us from stalin...
They protected from stalin only a half of europe if u dont know:P and i agree with McNeill. Btw ww2 was almost 100 years ago and imo nothing changed and usa cares only about self interests.

I would say in recent times (ie last 5-10 years) the US has had a slightly more negative impact, but over the course of it's whole history it has been positive overall.

There is no nation who has only positive effects upon the world, so I guess they ain't doing so bad ;)

Actually some US firms and banks made business with Hitler-Germany before and even after they declared war. fyi

Like MC pointed out: The US only acts if their interests are in danger.

Overall they didnt care about humanity, freedom or even loyality.
It's all about firms, cashflow and power.

That the Nazis reich collapsed (thankfully) wasn't the main achievement of the US.
Like Napoleon, the war got lost because of russia. Russia suffered the most from the war btw.
Ontop of that the german empire ran out of ressources.

There are plenty examples (korean war, vietnam war, supporting iraq against russia, iraq wars, israel, etc) where the US caused troubles by acting in a selfish way.
They even killed leaders of countries, so they could get "USA"-friendly persons into leadership.

Bush tried the same in middle east, but now they realise that MiddleEast ain't europe. So they (and we) are in trouble.

Anyway, we all know that almost every nation has bad history, but mainly they learned their lesson.
Let's hope that the superpower will learn it soon too, because they have to (Looking at the next megapowers India and China)

Last edited:
Actually some US firms and banks made business with Hitler-Germany before and even after they declared war. fyi

Like MC pointed out: The US only acts if their interests are in danger.

Overall they didnt care about humanity, freedom or even loyality.
It's all about firms, cashflow and power.

That the Nazis reich collapsed (thankfully) wasn't the main achievement of the US.
Like Napoleon, the war got lost because of russia. Russia suffered the most from the war btw.
Ontop of that the german empire ran out of ressources.

There are plenty examples (korean war, vietnam war, supporting iraq against russia, iraq wars, israel, etc) where the US caused troubles by acting in a selfish way.
They even killed leaders of countries, so they could get "USA"-friendly persons into leadership.

Bush tried the same in middle east, but now they realise that MiddleEast ain't europe. So they (and we) are in trouble.

Anyway, we all know that almost every nation has bad history, but mainly they learned their lesson.
Let's hope that the superpower will learn it soon too, because they have to (Looking at the next megapowers India and China)

m8, what country at that time did not care for their interests? yes they did some business with hitler but they majorly supported the other side. imagine the US trading at full scale with nazi-germany...
hitler failed because of the lack of ressources of steel, fuel, and other stuff - the US could have made this lack of ressources up.
interesting sidenote: russia was going to start a war anyway and was surprised by the german attack, so their war machinary was already working at full scale. i dont agree with recent US policies but im looking at the big picture and this is quite positive compared to germany for instance. :rolleyes:

Yeah i know m8, but its a bit disrepectful not to mention the other nations imo :P

well... i figured as this was a thread about the US... :P

They protected from stalin only a half of europe if u dont know:P and i agree with McNeill. Btw ww2 was almost 100 years ago and imo nothing changed and usa cares only about self interests.

now seriously, what in the world could have the US been doing about occupation of the rest of europe? start another world war just after the second was over?

Europe as a whole has a far more checkered history than the US and some of you really should read some modern history before posting bollox.

The US were a lifeline to us during the darkest days of ww2 they lost huge amounts of shipping and men suppling us which wasnt done to serve there own interests before they entered the war.

There contribution turned the tide and the men they sent to fight are regarded by those that fought along side them as some of the bravest of that time in-particular the bomber crews who any RAF crewman that served with them will testify to being the bravest of the brave as they flew the daytime raids, 26,000 USAAF men gave their lives for our freedoms there average survival rate was 5% and you should remember that these mens homes were not being threatened neither was their country in danger of invasion yet they still signed up, fought and gave there lives to help us. Personally I think you do them a great disservice with some of your posts.

The acts of the US in modern history are well documented in glorious technicolor simply because they have taken place in a media age so it is far easier for people to recall them and use them but the acts performed by us Europeans upon the world took place at a time when history was more difficult to record and easier to hide and our "mistakes" far outweigh theirs.

Last edited:
Its a young nation
Not really, we're older than Germany/Italy.

It's impossible to rate this poll really since it's evident people are having trouble distinguishing between a fascist US administration, the American people and the American country. The country itself has some of the most beatiful landscapes in the world, the people are the most diverse in the world (correct me if I'm wrong) and the politics.... Ralph Nader will save the day.