UTA Server 4 (March bookings)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brajan

<b>League Adm</b><b>inistrator</b><br /><b>For</b>
Feb 25, 2004
/dev/null
UTA Server 4 is currently down and it's hard to say when it'll be back online. Becouse of this i had to move all this month booking to other servers:

DFP vs. DOG - 20.03 - 20:00GMT => #1
RES vs. FFS - 26.03 - 20:00GMT => #5
DFP vs. SVEK - 28.03 - 20:00GMT => #1
DFP vs. NAC - 30.03 - 20:00GMT => #1

Sorry for inconveniences.
If any clan want's to change the server please contact any of the league admins asap!

Playable?!?? Its bloody awful! 1 and 4 are worse than 2/3 IMO!

5 is ok sometimes, 6 is the only decent 1 anymore, 7 has crap routing to UK, everyone gets 40% pl, I'm guessing dog v dfp was on S7 looking at match report :P

Torpedo said:
I'm guessing dog v dfp was on S7 looking at match report :P

was on server 1 and it was crap indeed

they warpped every where

everyone was affected by pktloss and i kept getting connection symbol every now and again

rockets killed invisible peeps at times

server 1 was a joke

but idd rather play them there than server 7

which is only server they wanna play on cause they get the advantage

Torpedo said:

5 is ok sometimes, 6 is the only decent 1 anymore, 7 has crap routing to UK, everyone gets 40% pl, I'm guessing dog v dfp was on S7 looking at match report :P

Did you even read my post?¿
I said the only playable GOTHICA server... that means 1,2,3,4. not the others.
And i´m talking about routing, not the server hardware capability. server 4 has/had a totally different routing than the other gothica servers which is why i said it´s the only playable1. On 1,2,3 and all other gothica servers i have ever played on in this league there is some delay due to routing issues. When i fire a weapon, it reacts somewhere from 0.5-1 second later which makes it kinda impossible to hit ppl unless you know (or in some cases can find out) which direction they´r heading.
From what i heard there´s more ppl that have complained at this but i guess it doesn´t affect all countries as much as some others which is why the issue isn´t discussed a lot. Players from NL definetly doesn´t have problems. France, Germany and UK prolly don´t have many ppl with this problem either depending on their isp´s routing of course.

But the question is (And i guess only Kippenijzer can answer this): Why is the routing so different between server 4 and the others? And is there any possibility to change it for the other servers so that they get same as server 4 which seems to be playable for all countries?

Server4 was originally at a test location, Kipz put it in place to test the routing. Not sure what has happened but the circumstances have changed and I believe he's looking into something else.

As for Torp saying 1 and 4 are worse than 2 and 3 how does that work? 1, 2 and 3 are not only the same location but they are the same machine :confused:

MyM, 1 seems worse than 3, occasionally 3 can be OK for me. lol.

TuT I did read your post THATS why the first part of the post was Gothica related :P

I then went on to talk about the other servers :)

Torpedo said:

Server 1 is the same mashine as server 2 & 3...
conclusion: saying server 1 is better = bullshit.
/me runs and hides
dont hurt me plz :P

EDITED FOR TUT :P

Last edited:
Felerian said:
Server 1 is the same mashine as server 2 & 3...
conclusion: saying server 1 is better = bullshit.
/me runs and hides
dont hurt me plz :P

duh, it was Torp saying that you mofo :rofl: Read properly and don´t just click your left mouse button in panic to quote a random person :p:
Yes, better run and hide!

Plus I never said 1 was better, idiot.

I said 1 is ALWAYS shit, 2 is practically always shit, 3 seems to have a good day and a bad day! Regardless of them being on the same machine.

i remember threads with people talking about "taking the piss cuz they take thing to serious" ...

calm down torp...

I am calm thankyou very much.

*puts on his admin like boots*

This League News Forum, this is no place for "taking the piss" so kindly move on to chit chat please, kkthxbai. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.