UTA Auth...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK
... is now EAC compatible! :bananna:

It works pretty much the same as UTA Auth; players need to meet the following criteria:

a) Own a forum account
b) Be verified into a country public usergroup (i.e. can see private forums!)
c) Be listed on their team's player roster (see teamlistings)

A basic version of MyAuth is also available for EAC players; simply log into the EAC site, and click on MyAuth to be taken to the settings page.

All players are defaulted to having their country tag shown in prefix to their registered nick.

Enjoy.

I fail to see how will it kill some teams?!

The rules have clearly stated all along that Auth will be used where possible; if a team cannot follow the rules from the start, then they don't deserve to play in the cup imo.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]I fail to see how will it kill some teams?!

The rules have clearly stated all along that Auth will be used where possible; if a team cannot follow the rules from the start, then they don't deserve to play in the cup imo.[/QUOTE]
Dude, why are u assuming that teamcaptains or teamplayers have actually read the rules? Most citizens that vote for a parlement usually dont even know wtf they stand for. F.E. spain hasnt even signed up their players as he isnt able to read english - USA players havent linked their accounts (i think) cuz they havent ever heard of it anyway. There are more in the same boat as they are, so this might actually knock some players or maybe some teams out which would be a shame imo. Who cares about that AUTH system, noone's gonna merc anyway lol

you would probably find that the Spanish / Poland-France / USA2 teams have many inactive players rather then not knowing how to link the accounts.

Its not hard, players just have to request access to private forum and captains can do the rest.

The system is more used to stop players from the same country swapping between teams as i dont think any1 from another country is gonna go merc for another country (but it also stops that as well anyway!)

X-Bomb said:
you would probably find that the Spanish / Poland-France / USA2 teams have many inactive players rather then not knowing how to link the accounts.

Its not hard, players just have to request access to private forum and captains can do the rest.

The system is more used to stop players from the same country swapping between teams as i dont think any1 from another country is gonna go merc for another country (but it also stops that as well anyway!)
Does it matter how inactive someone is? Isn't that more reason NOT to insert this method into the EAC? Inactive players r never around, come for a match twice a month, and find out they cant play and their team loses a match.
IMO it sounds like 'o cool, the AUTH system works for EAC too, lets use it', while it has no benefit for the cup or whatever. But we'll see :)

Well I don't think it will ever near the stage of "being a problem".

All teams have assigned their players to the squads correctly; and that's all that needs to be done... There's no need to have "linked" or "active" player accounts like on UTA, since EAC runs directly off forum identities.

There really is no need to be so negative about it Pete. Just lighten up and stop fretting about things that really shouldn't be bothering you.

Last edited:
very good :thumb: .. thanks to '//3iRd(o) who spend a lot of time for the community this summer !!!

Thanks also X-Bomb, who solve the Cup where other peeps make a shipwreck ;P

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:
nice job :D !

However is it possible that we can use our alternative tag in case that the sever dont suport our symbols so we dont get a set of boxes? And y is my name written out fully (ie on server2) de box box box RighteousFury were i set it to just Fury... on 800x600 thats far too long so i cant see the score :(

RighteousFury said:
nice job :D !

However is it possible that we can use our alternative tag in case that the sever dont suport our symbols so we dont get a set of boxes? And y is my name written out fully (ie on server2) de box box box RighteousFury were i set it to just Fury... on 800x600 thats far too long so i cant see the score :(

you got boxefied ^^

Alternative tags?! fs lol. You shouldn't have such silly tags in the first place :P

As for auto-name change; I mentioned in the first post that you must log into the site to change MyAuth settings.