UTA Auth System Released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnTi

Ðøgø
Aug 28, 2002
Poland
UTA staff proudly presents UTA Auth System!

So what is main point of Auth system?
Actually 3:
  • Prevent Merc'ing
  • Stop Multi-accounts/Multiclanning
  • Abolish Fakenicking on league games.
The new system doesn't hold too many restrictions - clans who wish to use Merc's in their matches now need the consent of the opposing clan before/during the match.

The opposing clan can then type a simple command into their console: mutate auth AllowMercs - and Merc's on the opposing team will be allowed to join the remainder of the match. Be careful while doing this, it cannot be undone!

Unauthorised merc'ing will be punished, the league rules have been updated to reflect these new changes.

Finally, the Auth system will be in use from tomorrow on all the league servers.

If you have any questions, please visit the UTA Auth FAQ page, here:

http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=51343

bouncing is forbidden. ban this bouncing facka ;)

Anyway well done admins, hope that mercing moanings during a match will end now :clap:

Last edited:
imo the clan leader shud be the only 1 to "allow mercs"

and if u want to get really advanced, if 1 team allows another team to use mercs then your own team should also be allowed to use mercs automatically incase one of your own players drops and u cant get a replacement.

but for now everything is ok imo :thumb:

X-Bomb said:
imo the clan leader shud be the only 1 to "allow mercs"

and if u want to get really advanced, if 1 team allows another team to use mercs then your own team should also be allowed to use mercs automatically incase one of your own players drops and u cant get a replacement.

but for now everything is ok imo :thumb:
Aye, we did think about both of these points.

Firstly though; what if the clan/squad leader isn't around? You could probably do a check to see if the leader has authed; if not then allow all members to allow merc's, but imo that's too much work for something that isn't necessary. Do you guys not trust each other within (-8-)/|FxN|/(XGF)?

Secondly, allowing merc's for both teams if one agrees - you can easily see this being abused surely? Team A vs Team B using your logic: Team B wishes to use merc's, so they simply type the allow merc's command themselves, and voila they can use merc's. I don't think that would work :P

I also thought about suggesting the allow mercs command to only work for leaders or "trustees" (CB word :P)
but as you said if none of those is around its pretty useless, and if a member allows mercs to the opponents although the leader didnt agree they can still be punished by what their leaders thinks is appropriate.

Still Id welcome if it would say somewhere who in particular allowed mercs.. by auth-user nick preferably,because if a leader has a slow computer and joins late and finds the opponents allowed using mercs and noone wants to admit they allowed it .. :P

"mutate auth" is the magical key :D

You will not only get a list of available commands, you will also get a summary of the auth system state. It will tell you which team is allowed to use mercs and which player actually allowed it ;)

Last edited:
Bart said:
bouncing is forbidden. ban this bouncing facka ;)

Anyway well done admins, hope that mercing moanings during a match will end now :clap:

:(

I tried to rep u as well but it wont let me :P

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Do you guys not trust each other within (-8-)/|FxN|/(XGF)?[/QUOTE]
i dont even think its about trust, but there can be some members who would allow mercing while others are strictly against it, then it should be the leader who finds out what the majority wants or who simply decides what he thinks is best.
but of course it poses a problem when no leader is around, tho ive only had that about 10 times in the 4 years im in this league now.

how about that 51% of the team has to type in the command so the opponents team can use mercs ?

Theres many different options we could use, but for me the best would be allowing merc with clan admin password.
Actually in some clans even 3 ppl know it CA SL WA so.. Although in some clans theres 1 person who do all 3 jobs.
Still he could tell someone else admin pass, i believe there are clans with players who trust each other other. If not why play with the person in same clan? ;)
Thats my pov.

are u one of those paranoid persons who dont share the clanadmin pw with anyone? :P
in all clans ive been we had more than 5 members who knew the pw, and i guess thats the same with most clans round here :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.