UTA and New Firefox

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Torp

Hai
Dec 23, 2004
Milan, Italy
Is it just me or is the latest Firefox update (3.0) extremely laggy, especially on websites with a lot of data/tables and scrolling to be done.

Especially the UTA website and forums I find it very laggy and often get pauses 1-2 seconds.

If this is in the wrong section then move it but I only noticed it was particularly bad when browsing UTA site and forums.

Also it seems to be loading/doing something when I aren't even using it. I just hear my PC ticking over loudly for 30 seconds every 2 minutes or so.

:|

Any comments?

And this is a league issue how?

Should have gone in the forum for ppl with problems with uta/irc/forums, I cant move it though :(

I've just uninstalled and put an old version back on. It was taking ages to load aswell from the start.

I tested it, left Task Manager running and Firefox homepage (Google). Randomly it just starts using 30% of the CPU, like every couple of minutes. Scrolling is an issue aswell.

Topic moved to Software/Hardware issues.

Smantie fo!

No problems here. Tested with FF 2.x, FF 3.x, Opera and IE.
Either your browser is seriously broken or something with your PC. I would start from full AV and Malware/Spyware scans as already suggested.

Oh and Torp ... just use this ->
report.gif
next time.

Last edited:
A bit hijack, but Firefox works perfect, page loads in 0.0001 sec, but google Chrome is even faster! :P

I did a bit of research and found this was a regular occurrence. I even did the questionnaire when I uninstalled and the most common issue was slow loading and scrolling issues.

I don't see how this could be a virus/spyware issue.... Firefox was running perfectly fine (the version before 3) and the moment I updated, the problems came. Pausing when scrolling, CPU use up 30% when the browser had completed loading and just the Google homepage open. This was randomly happening.

I went back to 2 and it's fine again.

I did a Spybot check and Ad-Aware, both found nothing. AVG rarely finds anything extra that these 2 don't churn out so I won't bother doing a full scan with that just yet.

Probable cause: Broken windows install, adware (anti adware apps are completely useless), drivers, hardware problem.
Fix: Reinstall windows and dont install anything but NIC drivers and firefox and test, update drivers, disconnect all unneeded hardware, replace hardware.

Probable cause: Broken windows install, adware (anti adware apps are completely useless), drivers, hardware problem.
Fix: Reinstall windows and dont install anything but NIC drivers and firefox and test, update drivers, disconnect all unneeded hardware, replace hardware.

Even though this is probably wot should be done, if he has installed the previous version and it works fine, i doubt he is going to be bothered with all that hassle :lol:

Also i wouldnt go so far as to say that all anti adware apps are completey useless, not exactly accurate that is it :P

Even though this is probably wot should be done, if he has installed the previous version and it works fine, i doubt he is going to be bothered with all that hassle :lol:

Also i wouldnt go so far as to say that all anti adware apps are completey useless, not exactly accurate that is it :P

I wouldn't trust my PC to anti-spyware apps if i knew i had spyware installed.

Like Gazz said, I already re-installed Firefox 2, it isn't worth the effort of re-installing a load of stuff to get what is quite frankly, not so impressive update IMO. I'm not too much of a surfing/downloading/sharing type so I rarely get any problems with my PC. I've never had a virus or any spyware issues.

@ Sneez: Yeah already looked at that before. I didn't try the new profile thing, although back with FF1 I noticed a few problems with Firefox wasn't working after certain applications were used. Creating New Profile was the only way Firefox would ever open again, so I think there is an element of truth there.

Anyway, no plans to go back to FF3, I am happy with 2 and if I ever want/need an update I may go to Opera anyway. Thanks for those that helped though, much appreciated.

Btw, doh how do you recommend the removal of ad/spy-ware without 1 of the programs to do so? Unless you have a knack for identifying what is and what isn't in your HD/Reg?

Anyone PC noobie enough to get spyware, and not know how to remove it manually, might as well reinstall windows. Unless you can live with possibly still having spyware installed. A lot of spyware might be removed by anti-spyware apps, but just as many have redundent ways of reactivating themselves which anti-spyware app's doesn't catch.