UT99 server requirments

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

yuran

Fear is the enemy of progression.
Oct 19, 2001
Coco Islands
Hey guys!!

we have new server with dual p3 @600mhz, 1gb ram, 36gb scsi based on linux OS

but we have small big problem, our pings... when we have on server 10+ players, server start lagging, CPU is on 99% and we dont know why!?

we test it with 6 players and CPU was @ 60%

no idea, but i think problem can't be CPU, when UT99 is 5y old game!! Connection @ server is 100mbit.
any idea? reinstall?

thanx!! :kiss:
y,.

my dual 1.4 P3 gets to 50% load with 12 ppl on it, so a p3 600 should be around 100%, im sure the old league 1 and 2 servers were dual p3 800's and they ran at around 85%.

Servers dont get any benefit from dual cpu so its only running UT on one cpu, youll need to limit amout of ppl on the server or upgrade the cpus

I guess P3-600 with 133MHz FSB would just about cut it (12ppl) and the 100MHz FSB variant wouldn't. I'ld suggest a cpu upgrade anyways, try to get hold of two 866MHz versions for instance, that should do nicely. Dual P3-1GHz for instance can run a total of about 22 players (2*(10+12)) I think.

mainboard is limited to 600mhz, i must buy new computer, i think cheap athlon 2000+ with 512ddr will be fine... right?