UT99 Assault Showmatch Day 26/10

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I'm really happy to see the positive feedback, especially from some guys who haven't been active lately such as LekkerNinja.

If there is interest in doing something in the future, let's get some feedback.

-Other than the server crap, what can be improved?
-What do people want to see?
-What can be improved about the cast? How can we contribute to helping the casters cover Assault?
-What can we do as a community to be more open to events like these / better organize?
-What sort of interesting stuff can we showcase? What do we as a community have to offer?
-How can we reach out to a broader audience or player base?
-Why is killastone so bad at games?

willing to play / help organise a new event

massive thanks to the casters really good organisation sorry about the technical difficulties....

massive thanks to everyone who played and sorry if I flamed any of you on that day, that technical problem i was directly involved with put me a bit on tilt from the start...

I don't wanna hog the spotlight but I do wonder if a survivor with 20+ players on gladiator would be a fun thing for the casters to broadcast :| I'm not officially announcing anything but if enough people are up to it and we want this type of event as a community (ownedwell included) I guess I could make it happen!

gonna watch the whole vod now

P.S. loled hard at that ballsy feign twnz i cant believe you didnt go nuts on ts after pulling that off, I woulda got a brain orgasm right then and there had it been me who succefully pulled off such a stroke of genius

BREAKING NEWS HAPPENING NOW:

HTML ANNOUNCES SURVIVOR NUMBER FIVE EVENT

and then some words down here at the bottom to prevent fascist anti-caps forum controls from censoring me

survivor would be great.

Get someone from the community to co-cast with them, somehow manage to explain the objectives to them more clearly so that they don't mess up that live-action camera. If you get around the server issues people wouldn't mind signing for more stuff on the weekends. Maybe make a thread with screencaps of objectives or better videos of map-guides (Ones I saw seem a bit too slow to show in >40 secs).

-What can we do as a community to be more open to events like these / better organize?

Better structure, make something like a banner to promote events, something like this
Quake%20Live%20Sunday%20Cup%20banner_0.png

-How can we reach out to a broader audience or player base?
Make a high quality 1-2minutes long intro video featuring various members of the community, frags, launches etc.. good transitions and appealing to look at, for the casters to play before the event starts

Since I can't make banners, I made a promo vid but can't make decent vids, ya'll can do that.

derp.png ft Mr.UTA

gkUincF.png

Can do something a wee bit better when I have time to spare, if you're interested.

disclaimer: mr uta is both red and blue since he doesn't discriminate

Last edited:
5wa6o8.jpg

Just my 2 cents
If you`d like anything changed lemme know

Last edited:
crappy crap crap.
had time, but forgot it. :crap: :cry:

Ah well, hope you lads had a fun time

Bart! :) Would love for you to participate! Where are you now that you get 25ms?
finally moved from mars to earth :D

Smantie!!! Glad you are still alive (and even unbanned :teehee: )?