UT3 in the UTA league

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What do you feel if you think about UT3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ba]V[sE;1425985 said:
The hammerjump isnt lame Smantie, the only lame thing is the sound, but the jump is ok.
Much more flexible than ut99, with double jump and the extra with boots together :thumb:
Rest I will test next week. :satan:

I'll be frank with you, looking at the youtube videos...all these double jumps, wall jumps, wall dodges, etc etc... simply turn the game more and more into a monkey with fast fingers game. It's probably great for a teenager style sitting 12 hours in front of a pc/console practicing a move, that love pulling 9 move combos, but in reality, it just makes the game more and more dumb compared to reality and usefulness. Epic knows who their target audience is though, so marketing for the win...
I would much rather prefer they spent more time on maps' strategy, team play and AI resources. Maybe warfare is a weak attempt at that, let's see on the retail version.

Dont agree, of you look at it that way:
6 rockets in arse flying over whole map..
Triple hammers flying over whole map..
if you want to compare to reality, its UNREAL :)

I havent been able to test hammer and RL Launch yet thou because my inet is down due to switch of provider.

As I see it ATM, its more tricks you can do yourself without teamm8, but I think that will be different.
I mean it wasnt suppose to be RL launch either in UT but some guy found out and now we are here loving it, atleast in this community... but in others they say its a bug and not allowed!
So many things we use today wasnt from the start of UT either, as wierdo said, wont be a problem with a mod later. :satan:

And if you look at UT videos there are some wicked tricks there also, but ofc you dont use them in action, neither will you do with those ut3 tricks in that video.. its just a show off.

Ba]V[sE;1426474 said:
Dont agree, of you look at it that way:
6 rockets in arse flying over whole map..
Triple hammers flying over whole map..
if you want to compare to reality, its UNREAL :)

I havent been able to test hammer and RL Launch yet thou because my inet is down due to switch of provider.

As I see it ATM, its more tricks you can do yourself without teamm8, but I think that will be different.
I mean it wasnt suppose to be RL launch either in UT but some guy found out and now we are here loving it, atleast in this community... but in others they say its a bug and not allowed!
So many things we use today wasnt from the start of UT either, as wierdo said, wont be a problem with a mod later. :satan:

And if you look at UT videos there are some wicked tricks there also, but ofc you dont use them in action, neither will you do with those ut3 tricks in that video.. its just a show off.

Yes Bamse, but that's my point. RL/HL are about tactics, strategy and team play, so they make you and the opposition think, while a dodge/double jump/wall dodgle/hammer/dodge needs just a fast fingers monkey. I think Epic introduced vehicles to get around it though in vCTF and probably warfare, but in my opinion, unreal is just not a game made with vehicles in mind, given the incredibly fast pace and ridiculous movement at this point. Vehicles don't work well with unrealistic models, since it just makes the game completely crazy, and if they do it the right way, then everything else is out of sync, and series like BF/COD etc do it a lot better anyway.
Maybe there's a little room for them to get it right though, but I highly doubt it, already seen crazy vehicle stunts on vCTF on youtube...high altitude light speed out of map flag fights anyone? ;)

I can't believe you're moaning about "fast finger monkey" stuff.. wtf are half the tricks we use in AS.. I mean maybe you dont use them.. but theres plenty of useful tricks that require good movement skills.

I once read on epic website that jumping can make you harder to hit. So I made right mouse jump and middle mouse=alt fire. :lol:

I once read on epic website that jumping can make you harder to hit. So I made right mouse jump and middle mouse=alt fire. :lol:
Hehe, thats old news and also effective in UT'99. Try it out when you play a leaguematch or pubs (don't know if you play actively). Watch someone trying to primary flak you when jumping around. 90% of the time you will survive longer than normal and able to kill him pretty easily.

Disclaimer: you will be moaned and flamed at when going into crazy-jump mode. :shout:

yeah this was UT'99, I quickly changed when I started playing for {P~A} and Gazz started miniwhoring me with his crazy dodging shit :angry:

okay cool sounds good, I dont intend on getting the demo tho.

Is there an actual date the game is released now then?

if the day does not vary arround 17th till 19th november

lets have a UT(A)3 cup to celebrate the launch of the new game! then see how popular that is before we give fraghub a kick up the arse.?

also maybe an idea to completely migrate utassault.net (i can see you hiding martz!) into fraghub this time, im sure people were put off last time when they came to visit and saw dead forums and only 5 clans in a league. :lol:

Last edited:

Saw a message.

UT3 release date 12th of november in Germany.

19th in USA.

UK i havent found it yet.

Last edited: