UT3 Demo TODAY!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ba]V[sE

Mar 13, 2002
Sweden
Edit Update* The long awaited UT3 demo has been released. The demo weighs in at a rather compact 758MB.

DL links: http://www.auww05.dsl.pipex.com/

Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
512 Mbytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements
2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
1 GBytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

GG :satan:

Last edited:
w00p w00p file planet ...

guess I will be waiting with everyone else....

anyone with a file planet login dl it and send it over to me at work I will host it on our server over night.

Big scam by fileplanet tbh. Subscribers can download the demo, but they have locked the file which will be unlocked later today when the demo is released. In other words: fileplanet subscribers can do fuck all with their download.

it means anyone with a file planet copy can just get that key file and they are playing ... the rest of us will be sitting pretty till the servers go down under load.

LOL wtf? A new demo you say, so I got interested. Then I was disappointed to learn its fileplanet only - the most difficult way to download anything...

Wheres the hecking torrent!

prolly will be up during day! :satan:

"More Download mirrors will be added to this post as the demo becomes "officially" available later on today."

Last edited:
I dunno if I should download.... I did a test online yesterday do determine what performance my PC would give. The options didn't even give my CPU or Graphics Card. I chose the closest ones and even that would be very low detail. I don't know if its worth my time downloading 1.5gb :|

aye I waited till 6am and it wasnt out... bastard americans... should have waited 2 more hours lol

I know my current PC can't handle UT3 but I impatiently await the comments of those of you who like UT99 and think UT2k4 was crap.... (isn't that all of us??)

especially those who were convinced after just a few hours of playing 2k3/4 that the gameplay felt like shit compared to UT99

remember it's not really about the game being "fun" especially with all these vehicles and fancy effects, its about having a new shooter with a gameplay that actually doesnt feel like shit.

All I wanted them to change was the size of the player models. 2k3 and 2k4's were tiny and it was often just too hard to hit them - plus they seemed much faster.

Well actually surprisingly my fileplanet subscription ends today lol. I was happy that it was finally over as it was a pain to get anything.

However I just downloaded the demo in 15minutes so I guess they where useful for one thing in the entire year!