Ut2k4 Demo The official what do you think of the demo Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rel@x said:
i got a question for Lord M .. why do you think onslaught should be a diff game? IMO you dont seem to grasp ut is more then just "dm, ctf, as". It's a "competition game" imo and onslaught really does fit into it. that is my pov anyhow. putting it into a diff game doesnt really help.

ah, onslaugh has nothing to do with dm or as.
its teamplay, frags are worst than nothing.
onslaugh is a clone made from tribes and battlefield (both good games) and its kinda nice. but comparing to dm , dm is just :puke:

looking at the big unbalance @ onslaugh, i think they should better make s.th. 100% correctly and leave the rest.... at the moment it seems like they do everything 20% right....never played such shame DM mode (ok, painkiller sux more...)

Sauron said:
whats wrong about dm, its a lot better than in ut2k3.

yeah, weapon balance is a lot nicer than 2K3, but it isn't anywhere near as good as UT99, or Quake 3 for that matter - I use a range of weapons when I play UT-DM I love Shock, Sniper, Enforcer, Flak and Rox, not so keen on Rippers and plasma (and I suck like a blocked drain with mini, fs :| ) in 2K4 DM, i get the real impression that it makes pretty much no difference which weapon you use.. the game seems to fall down into almost like an old ZX Spectrum game, Daley Thomson's Decathlon, where you basically just mash the keys repeatedly until something happens.. hold any wepaon you like, and hit "fire" until something happens.. :|

Anyways, off to play Onslaught some more.. (strange one though - my PC powers off whenever I leave UT 2K4)

i get the real impression that it makes pretty much no difference which weapon you use.. the game seems to fall down into almost like an old ZX Spectrum game, Daley Thomson's Decathlon, where you basically just mash the keys repeatedly until something happens.. hold any wepaon you like, and hit "fire" until something happens..

I think that impression fades once you learn pr hit damage and have a good idea at your enemies heath ect ect... just like any fps game

Re:

The one thing I do feel needs tweaking is the shielding, I think its slightly too strong when compared to ordionary health, not just in Assault but in the game in general.

Only thing I don't like about the shielding is you don't know someone has one until you hit it at least once, which often to late, coz you've only got a BioRifle vs his RL :D

ye true that can be annoying. i also noticed that in assault you cant take more than one pad at once, which might be a good idea for pubs but in a clanmatch its kinda shit. also it seems that this doesnt change if the playercount per team is below the number of pads, so you have pads reserved for teammates you dotn have.

Played it alot more lately Still think ONS is saweet,AS has major issues unfortuntely which would need attention b4 id play it seriously on 2k4(spawn timer for 1 and few issues with weapons),Also tryed CTF on std weapons which i reckon was saweet and map was nice and also tryed ICTF on same map which was also nice,DM ive never been a fan of on any UT,BombingRun i enjoyed on 2k3 but on 2k4 the map i dislike but everything else seems fine.I also noticed in previous post that peepz think weapons are better on 2k4 now than 2k3 imho 2k3 weapons are far more effective and i reckon the 2k4 ones seem weak and slightly less effective tbh anyways my thoughts lately on it :D

Andy said:
LOL

Why the fuck would epic give a shit about 600 or so people playing a 5 year old game type, just cos they brought a new version out. You people are so small you can't see past UTAS 99, the fact that you all think UT2k4 AS is made for you and epic has "got it wrong" simply estounds me. For the 1 millionth time if you do not like it do not play it, nobody is forcing you to like it or even play it, how many games have u played a demo of in the past and not liked it so you didnt play it. Move on people, play UTAS99 for 5 more years if you like personally I have had enough of it.

Another reason is that a certain mr. willhaven came in here telling us that he wanted the assault communitys oppinions about 2k4 assault... seems like he just wanted to troll around though, no respect for that :|

lol the UT2k4 shieldgun is now viewed in a similar vein to the CS Riot Shield, that's class :)

Sauron said:
ye true that can be annoying. i also noticed that in assault you cant take more than one pad at once, which might be a good idea for pubs but in a clanmatch its kinda shit. also it seems that this doesnt change if the playercount per team is below the number of pads, so you have pads reserved for teammates you dotn have.

Thery eliminated shield stacking all together now, not just in Assault. It's a welcomed change for me.

Wintermute said:
almost like an old ZX Spectrum game, Daley Thomson's Decathlon, where you basically just mash the keys repeatedly until something happens..

I'll play that with ya sometime :P

Unseen said:
Another reason is that a certain mr. willhaven came in here telling us that he wanted the assault communitys oppinions about 2k4 assault... seems like he just wanted to troll around though, no respect for that :|
Yes ban him for trolling. :spockfla:

nope been praccying with that shit of an excuse of a sniper on ut2k4 its bollox, on a whole it looks nice but plays a whole load of bollox :paw:

Yes bollox is the dominant word when it comes to gameplay, though it all looks really nice.

where do you want to fly today? :D

shot_800x600.jpg

its great to mess around with vehicles
trying to lift the tank to the top with 2 raptors....really hard