UT2k3-probs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
ello,
I've got probs with the UT2k3-performance.
In some big maps (eg. 'DoubleDammage'; 'ctf-December') UT2k3 swap. Even without bots DoubleDammage ain't run very smooth. Don't think that's a GFx-problem, because the framecounter says a fps-rate of over 50. I think it's because the Hi-res-textures get loaded in the Ram, but i dunno exactly.
I made sure that no other unnecessary programs loaded in memory when playing.
(no firewalls, no AntiVir, or sth else)
In the win-taskmanager i saw, that UT2k3 (with 19 Bots!!) use only 261Mb Ram -> over 150Mb physical memory is still free.
Any ideas why? possibly it's normal? or u got any tweak-hints?

My (non-Inet) computer:
AthlonXP 2700+, GeforceFX5900, Via KT400-Board, 512MB DDR333-Ram, 7200 rpm HDD, WinXP(Home), DetonatorFX 52.16, newest chipset drivers, Sound Onboard, newest UT-Patch used + BP1)

thx :wave:

get the latest 53.03 drivers ( whql ) download rivatuner fuck about with it should get double those fps in 1024*768 on all maps.

Paa` said:
get the latest 53.03 drivers ( whql ) download rivatuner fuck about with it should get double those fps in 1024*768 on all maps.
done it, but i didn't notice a change :[. The maps i mentioned run with 50-70 fps, but it's still swapping :mad:

Really odd 2k3 runs perfectly fine with my ti4200 and everyone knows the game is optimised to death for nvidia so your fx 5900 should run it even better