UT2k3-Demo concerning Hardware

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hardcore

(Taki)
Jun 8, 2001
Germany
i don't want to hear ONE of you laughing... :mad:

but.... any1 else experienced that, THE F**KING DEMO WON'T RUN WITH A VOODOO 5 ?????? :shout: :mad: :(

FFS !! :(

=/

I expected it to be less smooth than it is, I have a ti200 and cranked the res up to 1024x768 in the ini file. Only once has it juttered and that was on this DOM map where u couldnt get out of the main spawn.

got a geforce 3 first generation
and its flew noprobs

60 fps online with ultrahigh detail and 1024 set everything to ultrahigh and it still whent smoot ;)

guess its lookin good for the offical release

Only once has it juttered and that was on this DOM map where u couldnt get out of the main spawn.

yeah!
But it seems everyone has this also the fastest systems specs

just for you end users info

I have a p3 500, 448 meg of mem and a gf2mx it played it moved but textures where funny and only on one map was it anywhere near being close to what i call playable fps wise, must say i love the double jump :D and the fact you can do a good 'hammer' jump with the shieldgun.

yup i guess its the hardware tl that is on be default in the ini

Originally posted by Hardcore
you ppl do NOT know, how lucky you are... :( :(

i spent hours to get it

well it glitches on my pIII 800 / geforce2mx, but i thinks its playble enough to say its crap (imo). quake 3 with dodging and different weapons. :\

though i must admit the graphics are really nice, but i wont buy it because of that

edit: should have posted this in the other thread :D

Last edited:
for those with gf4, that game runs sweet, tho antialiasing puts it to its knees

err didnt the developers announce that it wouldnt be compatible with ANY voodoo cards?

theres a thread in their forums about this, Mark Rein replied something along the line of "well i got it working great on a TNT so fuck off"

or something

V5 wont work on it in this version..as the Voodoo 5 community has already found out :P...no changes in .ini can solve the problems...its simply not built for it at d mo..just gota w8 for the offical demo im afraid :D..

my V5 owns...and i wont upgrade to play a shit game like that!:D

yeah i like my voodoo5 too (edit: well in UT :( )

thx anyway for the suggestions ppl :)

but the error message occurs before the whole grafix-stuff is initialized i think
it just says "the demo won't run with your voodoo5 - YOU ARE AN IDIOT - lalala" :whatever:

The main reason it seem that this alpha (yes, its an alpha not a 'demo')wont run is:

1. The old game engine just doesnt wanna know (least likely)

and/or

2. The voodoo 5 has no Dirext X 8.1 drivers, and UT2003 uses dirext X 8.1 and therefore could be drivers causing the game to screw (most likely)

The TNT2 has Direct X 8.1 drivers :(