UT2003 "Must have" Custom maps part2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ctf-LuciusUT

another ut remake of a map which was very popular
the original ut map is imo the best ctf map ever
this remake is unfortunateley a 1to1 port, which means the size is quite exactly the same
this doesnt affect the gameplay too bad tho, there is enough space for double jumps and it aint too spammy

what i dont like at all is that the mapper ported all textures from the original, not that those were especially ugly, they were good in ut, but the ported versions are in a very bad quality and just look ugly
on the other hand this is another reason why the map plays really great: even on the highest possible detail the map delivers very high fps (for example in my case over 120, while i have arround 30 fps in the same settings on bollwerk)

all in all a great map :thumb:
Download Mirror
ftp://beyondunreal.barrysworld.com/pub/mirrors/beyondunreal/nalicity/ut2k3ctf/ctf-luciusut.zip

pics

sry but that looks like a direct port from UT :\

oh btw i got some updates as well, will do em tomorrow when i've got some time, i'm really busy today :(

erm ye thats what i said...
its a direct port
still, it plays great, i prefer 120 fps and good gameplay to stunning graphics in 25 fps and a boring layout :mingun:

time to revive that thread a bit

whenever i played ctf on a pub i quit again after max 5 mins, reason was that whenever i was underway for a cap i got stuck on some static mesh and got killed within sigth of my flag

quite a pisstake

obviously this happened to most other ppl playing ctf aswell, which is why there are now a variety of leagueeditions of ctf maps

ctf-chrome-LE105
ctf-deepsprinta-LE105
ctf-geothermal-LE105
ctf-lavagiant-LE105
ctf-lostfaithLE105

lava, lostfaith and geo only feature soem fps savers and icon replacements which improve gameplay
in deepsprinta the groundplan has been changed, all routes now lead thru the central area, in order to tighten gamplay and concentrate the action
chrome is imo the best remake, all static meshes have been removed, now the fps are arround 50% better and its finally playable

mirrors
chrome: ftp://ftp1.hg-computer.de/ingame/unreal/maps/ctf/CTF-Chrome-LE105.zip
deepsprinta: ftp://ftp1.hg-computer.de/ingame/unreal/maps/ctf/CTF-DeepSprinta-LE105.zip
geothermal: ftp://ftp1.hg-computer.de/ingame/unreal/maps/ctf/CTF-Geothermal-LE105.rar
lavagiant: ftp://ftp1.hg-computer.de/ingame/unreal/maps/ctf/CTF-LavaGiant2-LE105.rar
lostfaith: ftp://ftp1.hg-computer.de/ingame/unreal/maps/ctf/CTF-Lostfaith-LE105.rar

as far as i can remember i always hated CTF-Chrome because of all the stupid static meshes in the room before the flagroom...
nice to see those SM's are removed.. still i hardly play ut2003 anymore, just the ownage maps from cliffyB versus some easy bots.

Sry i'm not updating this anymore... there are lots of good maps that came out tho. Check CTF-Nyleve and www.planetunreal.com/cliffyb for the real good maps. (ctf-nyleve has a bad fps tho and has some bugs, but it looks perfect!)
sry maybe i'll start doing it again when i've got nothing to do. but i'm a lil busy last few weeks!