ut2 review article :/

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Oby

still here
Sep 21, 2001
Germania, Avgsbvrg
quote from:
One new ut2 preview

"Unfortunately, one very popular gameplay mode from the original UT that won’t be shipped in UT 2003 is Assault. According to the folks at DE, the mode simply didn’t fit in with the biggest emphasis on sports that the current game has. However, Epic’s Steven Pogue stated at the event that it will be very possible for mod authors to add support for the Assault mode into UT 2003 and even offered to help any mod authors who want to put the mod back into UT 2003"

WHO´s THAT POGUE :cow: :llama: ???

ffs

Last edited:
Gazz m8, we're not talking CTF here are we?

or ghasp Domination?

lets face it its all just a game, but the most challenging game mod for teams is gotta still be Assault.

And I'm talking ANY game here not just UT.

I was a bit pissed when i wrote that :rolleyes:

However i stick by wot i said as its wot i currently think. I for one am leaving this place very soon :(, even if UT2003 doesnt have anythin as team based as assault, i can live with another game type.

I guess some ppl here havent been playing AS as long as some of the rest of us, so i can understand its a greater feeling of dissapointment that theres no AS in UT2003 than what the ppl whove been playing AS since the start feel.

But after nearly 2 1/2 years of playin AS ill be buggered if im gonna play it for another 2 1/2 years. Onward to a new gametype for me.

Originally posted by Saytan
But after nearly 2 1/2 years of playin AS ill be buggered if im gonna play it for another 2 1/2 years. Onward to a new gametype for me.

In common with the rest of =)Ai(= what he means to say is:

"We're getting old, slow and losing our edge. So we're gonna bow out before all the upcoming teams hump us straight out of div1, as so almost happened earlier this year."

:D

Must admit, I can't understand the talk about AS becoming boring. I mean, DM and CTF are *the* most boring gametypes out there. Every FPS has them, and they've remained *unchanged* since the days of doom multiplayer. AS was an attempt at something genuinely different. And as for AS not fitting in with the "team based, sporty nature" of UT2003 - what *has* that guy been smoking... ? Although to be fair, I do enjoy the AS-like modes in RtCW...

:D

Last edited:
rtcw isnt as palyable though imo, ie no dodging and crap, could you imagine going up against some of the best snipers in this league without a dodge ?

"We're getting old, slow and losing our edge. So we're gonna bow out before all the upcoming teams hump us straight out of div1, as so almost happened earlier this year."

tell me how you gonna end up top after a points reset against NRG ION -8- and Mi5 ? :D

I've been playing this game here for a good 2 years or so,
AS does get boring, I'm getting involved more and more into CTF atm, and I enjoy it much more I must say.
Better pings, better fps and a new challenge.

:rofl: you go thur
and the rest of ya fuckers shut it about ctf yeah its new and different and fandabbydosie but thats just cos u havent been playing it solid for 2 years like u have with AS. Give it 2 years and im sure that will get borin too.

ctf is good, dont get me wrong but i think for most of u its just cos its different. :moon:

most cliched line on the forums goes to
"just a game" :D

well i only play matches so that aint much assault for me, so not hard to leave it :P well i will miss the ppl more then the game i think :eek:

well i am a iCTF player now :P