UT problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Solar´

=]????[=
Dec 5, 2003
Belgium
been having problems to find server, i can see my favrites in UT but cant load any other server in any category :(

Master Server Failed, connecting to the Master server was timed out: master0.gamespy.com

been having problems to find server, i can see my favrites in UT but cant load any other server in any category :(

i have that problem sometimes... i check my net connection... if thats all ok. i press f5 :D :P

Tried pinging the master server?

Open UnrealTournament.ini - browse to [UBrowserAll]

Do you have both the epic and gamespy entries?
Code:
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True

Code:
[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True
ServerListTitle=
ListFactories[2]=
ListFactories[3]=
ListFactories[4]=
ListFactories[5]=
ListFactories[6]=
ListFactories[7]=
ListFactories[8]=
ListFactories[9]=
URLAppend=
AutoRefreshTime=0
bNoAutoSort=False

firewall: zone alarm ( could this be it ) but ive never had problems with it :s

i found out PeerGuardian is causing the problem :(

i'm using PeerGuardian (PG) myself and it works lovely, but you've to add the mastersrever to the "Allowlist".

Start PG and start UT. After UT is started change to windows mode (press Alt + Enter).
Now, while beeing in UT windowed, go to Multiplayer and Find Multiplayer game.
Wait few secs and click on teh systray symbol of PG.
Check which server is blocked (blocked servers are written in blue color).
Rightclick on the server and allow it permantly.

edit: added pic. the IP in the pic ain't the UT masterserver ;)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: