UT on Vista

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-ban-

Dec 8, 2002
Ochsenfurt, Germany
Hi,
i bought a new pc wich has vista running... before u moan; i tried to install xp but it seems that there is a chip on my motherboard wich blocks this try.
everytime i tried to install xp, 2000 and even 98 there came loads of msgs wich seems to be from bios or something else, that there is no possibility to install any other OS than vista.

well to my problem:
i play ut on open gl since nearly a million years, but now it won´t even start... everytime i try, it comes to an error msg of windows wich is maybe 234234239 feeds tall. it only started a single time. but then i had white walls, white modells and well yes everything was fucking white.

is there anything known about this problem?
if yes, please help be to become an activ player again =)

thx in advance,
banshee

well... on D3D i have some problems with my mouse.
if you can tell me how i can disable that the mousespeed is not constantly i would give it a try...
when i turn my mouse slow it keeps moving slow but when i try to move it a bit faster it turns like 180 - 360 degree...

Optical mouses do have acceleration, 2 solutions:
1. buy a ball or laser mouse (last one recommended)
2. I believe there's a lill mod to fix acceleration in UT, don't rember the link nymore but i'm sure u can find it on google or maybe this forum since i vaguely remember i got it here on this forum.

well... on D3D i have some problems with my mouse.
if you can tell me how i can disable that the mousespeed is not constantly i would give it a try...
when i turn my mouse slow it keeps moving slow but when i try to move it a bit faster it turns like 180 - 360 degree...

Mousefix.reg
Removes the mouseacc! :satan:

ut runs so shit on mine. And thats vista aswell...

Can u post what your using banshee, i mean setting ect.

mine is a laptop running duo core-

Well I have vista also and duo core on my laptop, UT is slowmo/normal/slowmo, its so random and stupid. It seems only related to UT however, I dont have the same slowdowns in any other games (only tried hl2/tf2)

Any way, im not in any rush, i have my desktop, however if i go away i would like UT runs lol!

i have nvidea card, not ati btw.

XPS M1330 from dell is my laptop

AFAIK the slomo/normal/slomo issue (which i also have on my X2 on Winblows XP) are related to dual core processors.. Sometimes setting affinity of UT fixes it, sometimes you need to do something else that i can't remember. I think it was something like setting a command line parameter for UT to run at a fixed speed.

Same prob here as McNeill has I reckon. UT slows, then speeds up on d3d. OpenGL gives like 10fps.
Software rendring just looks shitty,dark and lags.

Tried set affinity but no success.

wow! :):):) amazingly It...didnt work at all! In windowed mode it runs better, but still speeds up if I stare straight down etc.

stupid game. I'll start to play wow instead ;<

You also need to set affinity for the unrealtournament.exe process to one processor when its running.. I just tested the above, and it fixed the exact same problem fine.

If that worked for u, then I must be doing something terribly wrong.
Basicly my UT is now named as "Unreal Tournament - cpuspeed=2500".
I went to task manager and checked UT's affinitys. It had CPU0 and CPU1. Default was that only CPU0 was ticked, so I didnt change anything.
Nothing changed in gameplay though :(

Exactly the same as above post for me. I've been trying to fix this for a while but it still zips around in solo offline sessions.