UT is too dark

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

skumler

-)EaS*
Feb 2, 2003
Denmark
i just bought a laptop with a ati 9700 radeon graphic card but in my UT its tooo dark
i cant see a thing its almost impossible and i guess it shudnt be that way

i use the drivers which i got... if any one know how to fixed it will be glad to hear it

yeh dont know if u can do this skummy m8 but in ur graphic card options maybe u can boost up digital vibrance! helps alot!

Reactions: HUEY
Had this problem with d3d :/

ended up just changing monitor to really high brightness ( iiyama 454 pro ) it has some stupidly high brightness/contrast settings.

shame opengl plays so badly because the brightness in that is great

skumler said:
i just bought a laptop with a ati 9700 radeon graphic card but in my UT its tooo dark
i cant see a thing its almost impossible and i guess it shudnt be that way

i use the drivers which i got... if any one know how to fixed it will be glad to hear it

use new OpenGL driver..

thx for the replies and i have tried everything and its only the OpenGl that works... new/other driver just fucked it more up lol....

Thx m8s

I just installed new Opengl update because I had the same problem too...the dark screen. Now i can change my brightness to lighter, but everytime when I start ut again it is dark again and i have to go change it again...anyone knows what to do about that?

Kakashi said:
I just installed new Opengl update because I had the same problem too...the dark screen. Now i can change my brightness to lighter, but everytime when I start ut again it is dark again and i have to go change it again...anyone knows what to do about that?
sounds like you have set your ut.ini to read-only.

Reactions: Kaka
Kakashi said:
what sobo said, or just take a screenshot everytime you start up. It works too :P