UT Classic in next patch

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Inferno

Greatness Personified
Jun 8, 2001
Canada
a new feature that'll be added in the next patch for those of you who aren't happy with the current weapons :)

added new mutator "UTClassic" ,with its own server browser icon. Modifies the weapons to feel more like the original UT's weapons:
All weapons do more damage.
Shieldgun charges faster, slightly longer range, less self damage for impact jumping
Minigun firing modes switched, no lockdown effect
Shockrifle regular fire slower, does more damage. Combos take less ammo.
Slowed down rocket firing rate.
Sniper rifle faster firing, no secondary hit damage.
Bio charged up damage relatively lower (countered general weapon damage increase).
Flak alt fires up a little more. Translauncher more ammo, recharges faster, transbeacon fired up more

I already have it... the enforcer / assault rifle fires too slow and is completely useless.... And u can only have 1

Weapons in 2k3 aren't that good imo, but it is the fucking maps that is the one BIG flaw with the game, most of them are smallish, quakish and generally boring to play.

will it fix the scaling ? atm it feel more like controling a model in ut i felt there but not so with 2k3. I ll try but i anit holding me breath

i never liked the movement in ut2k3 i like UT's with dodging and how carracters move it feels good and plays well

in ut2k3 its like everyone is a bunny :/

any1 notice a ping increase after v2135....cause if i use anything past that i get +30 ping....so using epic pack is bad, and id like the next patch nut it gonna do my ping in again....solutions or similiar probs?

It's just a different game that's all.

Personally I don't like playing UT anymore, I think it's slow and the weapons don't feel like they are doing much damage.

UT2k3 is a lot more about aim and weapon use than UT ever was I think.

prop, if i play any version b4 2186 i can ping 80 on a GS.net/Jolt 12man server when full, but summin must of been changed

Originally posted by Goose
UT2k3 is a lot more about aim and weapon use than UT ever was I think.

i dont know
i played a 1on1 yesterday on grendelkeep
we were fighting intenseley for 10 minutes and after that it was only 2-2, the dodge-jumps make it extremeley hard to hit the opponent with anything unless he is close to a wall, and once u do a little damage theres a lot of powerups
rockets have a great splash radius, but if u see them come u can dodge them easily, same with flak, mini and pulse are weak and need a veeeery precise aiming to kill someone, and the combo radius of the shock is just 10 times to small, it was already hard to use combos in UT1 dm, but its almost impossible to place it right in ut2 when the opponent can dodge-jump

imo the only weapon which is really doing damage is the lightning gun but u have to be an absolute crack to kill with it
it feels like it has a delay which causes me to miss all the time, prim shock is a lot easier to hit with, but its just weak

thats also how the dm ended, after 3 minutes fighting without any result that dude placed a lucky headshot and i got pissed :o