UT 2003 Demo ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i know but its not legal haha :rofl: hmm nah its full of bugs and no skins so u can better wait for the real demo

yep ... i played it and the physics r all fucked up ... just wait for the official demo ... or for a better leak :p

Official calculations:

28th July, hmmmm, add some bug-checks + changes, add some standard checks, add some more checks, add even more checks, add the the developers are playing the game more than developing it, add that big games are always delayed and you can guess the release date to be at about 28th of august! =)

I've just played the last build leaked #927, and it totally owns :D ... of course my geforce 256 will have to make way to a geforce ti4200 but the game is simply amazing guys :D ... too bad we don't have assault in it by default :(

i played a more early leak, and i thought it was WANK!!!
WANKly modificated weapons (RL: max 3 rockets? and 2nd fire is instant fire?? wtf is this)
and the skins look like some fucking Quake 3 Rip-offs (waaargh, Q3!)
sniper rifle is WANK, you cannot even get a monsterkill with it because of the WANK recharge times, bleh...
i hope the final version is alot better... "I can't wait"

btw: leaked versions are illigal, don't download em =)

yeah ... you're right in all u said, and althought this feels a bit odd in the beggining, it's alot better, and i'm gonna say why, imho :

- the 3 rockets fire is a benefit without any doubt, cause camping with it will be harder, and 3 rockets well shot r more then enough to kill you're target, plus the secondary being an instant rocket it's a great adition, (no more grenades waiting for u on the corner ffs)

- sniper rifle is in my opinion a great weapon in UT, but it's altogether the most hated 1 .... aimboters will have their live more complicated with the new 1, if it keeps the current reload time :D

- I'm playing the 15 trial version #Build 927 (2,26 gig install :eek: ) ... and although my geforce 256 is struggling to keep up with it, i'm being able to play it in 640x480 with everything in low (including the frame rate :D ). I hope, since this is only a beta trial, that they r gonna improve it even further, so that those with low end systems can play it (athought i'm gonna buy a geforce ti4200 for it :D)

- dodging is even sweet now, u hear a "swouuch" while doing it and it can be done together with jumping, taking u even far away :D ...when u have your "adrenaline" at 100 u can triple dodge forward or backward to activate "berserk mode" and another one i can't recall the name wich raises you're shield :D

- the maps graphic quality is simply amazing, but in this trial version i found a few spots in where u get stuck :p ... i'm sure this will be solved, if not by epic, by some one else.

- The characteres r in my opinion till now the worst thing in ut2003. I believe they haven't implemented all the physics, that's why they behave a bit like they r hovering instead of walking, and i can't say if they look like quake3 or not 'cause i only played it once a long time ago and i really can't remember. What i can say is that they look alot better in graphics terms. Let's just hope they can do the physics better :rolleyes:

Last edited:
yeah :D ... i've done it a few times, but u get used to it ... just wait till u see the graphics and the effects in motion slim ... jawdropping, and i'm playing in low, 'cause my card can't keep up with it :D:D:D

ok heres my thoughts after playing ut2003 all day:D

shock rifle
combo blast is much smaller now making it much harder to camp with it :thumb: but trying to use it in open spaces is also made harder

flak cannon
the spread of the normal fire is also much smaller and narrower
meaning u have to be more accurate(its no longer a spammers weapon) :thumb:

hammer
jumping now uses much less health about 25 i think
and u have charge bar so the longer u charge when u jump the higher u go :thumb:

rocket launcher
3 rockets at first is a little hard to get used to
but like sioux said makes it harder to camp :thumb:
but only 3 rockets and u cant fire them in a cluster means no launching :nono:

sniper rifle
i think alot of people will hate the slow recharge time
but also like sioux said aimbotters will have a hard time with it
especially as now u can see the beam go through the air making it easier to dodge :thumb:

new game mode Bombing Run
hmm sioux says he dont like it but i think its cool
definattly pass the time till a assault mod comes out

and the double dodge move with the jump ROCKS!!!

lastly the character animations
they are a bit quake 3 ish :(
and like quake 3 its difficult to tell if ur hitting ur opponent this is a big :nono:

oh 1 more last thing 1 of the characters looks a bit like me :P

Last edited: