user.ini spectator help plz

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

monster

Dec 20, 2004
england
i don't know why but...whenever i start my UT up i am a spectator and not player :S so i have to constantly keep going to player setup, any help on what to do?

btw in my user.ini (don't know when but...) the line of my player name is gone and the user.ini starts with the

[Engine.Input]
Aliases[0]=(command="button bFire| Fire" , Alias=Fire)

and so on with all the Aliases[1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 etc.]

please help :(

edit: and on DFP , whats the "you have been validated successfully" when u join the server ment to mean :S?

Somewhere in your user.ini will be the DefaultPlayer section (probably at the bottom if it's been deleted once)...

Just remove the Botpack.CHSpectator from the OverrideClass so the line reads:

OverrideClass=

Make sure your User.ini isn't read only too.

On DFP server; "You have been validated successfully" really means: "Your credit card has been validated successfully; thank-you for donating £100 to the DFP drinking fund"

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]On DFP server; "You have been validated successfully" really means: "Your credit card has been validated successfully; thank-you for donating £100 to the DFP drinking fund"[/QUOTE]:lol: !

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]
On DFP server; "You have been validated successfully" really means: "Your credit card has been validated successfully; thank-you for donating £100 to the DFP drinking fund"[/QUOTE]
Muahahaha!! I am *RICH* now :P

Last edited:
[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]
Just remove the Botpack.CHSpectator from the OverrideClass so the line reads:

OverrideClass=
[/QUOTE]
would

set defaultplayer overrideclass or setoverrideclass

work to remove spec status in a bind ? dont wanna test it now

in another thread I read a post by ace:

he suggests a bat file to switch between ini files. Could the bat file also contain the instructions for quitting ut, restarting it and reconnecting to the second most recent server (or most recent if you dont have the intro) ?

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]You cannot access defaultplayer settings from the console (afaik)[/QUOTE]
isnt it only just than you can access it but its only applied after reconnecting ? for theres a bind for reconnecting .. and reconnecting would have to been done anyway if you want to change to Spec/nospec status, same as when you do it manually by (un)checking the option in your player options.

Last edited:
Nope; DefaultPlayer isn't a class you can access through the console (it will moan at you that it can't find it if you try).

Quiting UT via a batch file would be interesting; even more interesting would be finding where you were playing beforehand; tho both should be doable.

You could use the WinXP native command TaskKill to end the UT process safely using the syntax:

taskkill /IM unrealtournament.exe

You could then restart it with the url to where you were last playing after copying / altering an INI entry.

You could probably butcher the QStat / UTMirc code for some ideas on how to find where you were playing before restarting... Tho tbh I think it's a waste of time :P

Just bind Player Options to a key then all you have to do is untick/tick a box then hit your reconnect key.

You know what would just finish XConsole off as being an all-time best console expansion? Autocomplete! I'd like to be able to type admin get en[tab].ga[tab] gamep[tab] and it autocompletes the necessary parts to form the full command :D

... Or am I living in a dream world here? :P