USB ore ps/2 mouse?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

At std spec, the USB runs at 120Hz which is higher freq than std ps/2 spec (cant remember what the figure is, just remember that it is :P)
PS/2 can be forced to run at up to 200Hz which is higher than std USB, although I dont think your going to notice much difference.

Youd prolly get more benefit by buying a better, higher scan rate optical mouse :D

I've got a IntelliMouse Optical usb mouse. But with a device (dunno how to call it) I can set it in ps/2. And the mouse is installed as a ps/2. But should I keep with ps/2 ore change it to usb?

I have a logitech optical mouse, and when i installed it i chose ps/2 out of old habit but then it said something like :

--- pls dont use ps/2, bcos it is not as good as USB. With USB u get higher resolution on the mouse wich gives smoother movement...and so on.

So my guess is USB is better. (atleast the installprogram said so)

i run my ps2 at 200Hz... which feels better than usb imo

intellimouse explorer 3.0 btw (it ownz j00 all)

It all depends on your system on what interface you should use. USB is better but if you have a slower system you can see mouse lag while using it. An easy way to tell which one you should use is to run task manager and play UT for a while. If your near or at 100% CPU utilization you should use PS2.