US Army vs Videogame Cheaters

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nephilim

Jun 8, 2001
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/55071 (german article)

generally it is saying: The US Army doesnt like people cheating/hacking within their game "America's Army". They claim this isnt just a violation of terms of license, but also abuse of Programs and Computers of the US Army. Since the Cyber Security Enhancement Act (CSEA) in the US, you can go to prison for that for your entire life.

Now the executive producer of the game, Phil DeLuca, admits in the official game forums that they cant control cheaters/hackers on the servers atm. But he said that, once "the army is woken up by this, it will implicitly hunt down the suspects". He makes a relation to WWII where the Japanese have learned their lesson. Cheaters should know that the FBI might be on their tracks soon enough.

I may quote
"We know who you are, and can track down where you play from. We have incontrovertible proof you did something illegal. The Army is angry, and we're coming for you"

3dbiggrin.gif
:rofl: :lol:

Reactions: Hugh(_I_)Jarse
In the early 1940's, Japan learned an important lesson - "let the sleeping giant lie." We may not react swiftly, but when we do it's with unstoppable force. The Army has partners that deal with cyber crime as a matter of course. These include not just various Army IT departments, but also the Department of Justice, the Secret Service, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.

uhh? are they going to drop an H-bomb? :rolleyes:

Americans :nono:

/aye me runs they're coming for me :chase:

:lol: actually if u live in a countrey which doesnt have laws protecting its civilians from extradition to other countreys(with a passport to that nationality, like norway does) u can be extradited to the USA.And if they realy want to, like to set an example they will put any kinda of pressure they can on your gov.....they have done so and succeded before.

i got the feeling that if the usa really wants an individual there is no government to protect you
the cia and fbi arrest people all over the globe to bring em back to the usa

not so, remember mullah Krekar? Isrealis on the other hand.... u dont wanna mess with mossad:lol: