Urgent Help with Pro Evolution Soccer 3, please!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ice

Oct 15, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
Hi! I got the game today and set the screen settings to 1024x768 and high details, which should easily be possible with my pc... however the game runs veeeery slow, slower than slomotion almost :((

from the readme:
Try reducing the resolution size and quality. To do this, click on the Windows Start button, select Programs, select KONAMI, select Pro Evolution Soccer 3, and then select Setting. This will open the PES3 Setting Menu. You will be able to decrease the resolution size and resolution quality from this menu. Alternatively, you may also change the resolution size and quality from the Screen Settings Menu, which can be accessed from the Game Options Menu in the game.

but who's supposed to play with high details then, i mean what the fuck o_O

shall i play with 352x288 and low detail just to have the game run smooth? there must be a problem somewhere and i have seen others having the same problem...

can anybody plaese help me?

:bawling:

amd 2600+
geforce fx 5600
512 mb ram

believe me, it really should run smooth with these settings. but i actually found a speed up patch - doh, it runs too fast after applying that...

seems like a typical console-pc port game fault to me... maybe refresh rate or something like that

its really strange and almost every pes player seems to get it, wtf :mad:

its the best soccer game ive played in my life, but i actually want to play it for real now... :bandit:

if i check "run in windows 98 compatibility mode" it is alot better already (as long as i dont minimize the game).
edit: yet again it doesnt.. dont know whats up with this game :nono:

the game itself is just .. wow

EA can go home for this year :P

+ perfect animations and good graphic
+ no auto aim on goal if you shoot (i made my first goal in the third game :eek: in fifa you win the first games 1x - 0)
+ players look like the original ones, even more than in fifa imo (although theres no license for some players, but you can change the names and even import databases)
+ last but not least, close to perfect gameplay, almost as real soccer!
+ the players' attributes do actually matter :)
+ good and easy to navigate menus

- you might want a gamepad really bad :D my logitech wingman doesnt seem to fit on my computer, cant find a slot to connect it to
- once the slowmo-problem issolved you will get addicted to it really fast :uhh:

Last edited:
already installed the patch? the menu was really slow here, took me 10 secs to get to another menu but after i installed the patch it was fixed ;)

runs as good as perfect with me new radeon 9600 pro, it only gets slow when the keeper shoots the ball and you can see many players - and that doesnt happen very often.

its a very very good game! :D