Update from Seattle! :)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Penny

Spenda
Jun 11, 2001
Hello everyone!

Been a wee while since I posted so thought it was about time. We're still enjoying our new life over here. Jason went to Comicon in San Diego over the weekend, he said he saw Flash Gordon!!! Wowee. I passed my driving test last week so I'm now free and mobile, hurray! Kieran's attending summer school for a few hours a day so I get to go shopping on my own for once. As for Kieran, he's been in and out of hospital quite a lot. Doctors here > UK docs, so finally he's getting the help he's needed for a long time. Fingers crossed they can improve his quality of life some!

I hear the weather back home is ultra hot! Same here, I can't get to sleep at night, no air conditioning. :(

Also, dunno if they'll read it, but congratuations to Tanya and Dave (aka Spirit) who got married on Saturday. Well done guys! :D Sorry we couldn't be there but hope you like your casserole dishes... LOL.

L8rs peeps. I'll check back so post your news here too! :D

As for the doctors, yes. It's called "private healthcare".

It obviously pwns the NHS who are only good if you have the bubonic fucking plague.

Nice to hear from you Penz0r.. :)

That man of you needs to demand a living with airco, should be normal around there especially when they ask you to move over there.. :P

Good that Kieran gets better quality care now.

Here (Holland) is hot too.. hottest summer ever i read in the newspaper today,
work in the restaurant business is killing these days.. long days and hot (read: sweaty.. lol)

All the best and greet Jason from me!

Mark

Good to hear from you Penz.
So glad things are looking good for you and yours.

Ah, it always rains here in Seattle so we weren't expecting to need air conditioning! It said on the news last night this is the 2nd longest and hottest heatwave they've had in their history, so I suppose it's unusual. :) (It's a bit cooler today, hurray!).

I can't play for fatz now macho, got yank ping. :( They're all fine though!

Just went out for lunch with my new friend who is a reporter for msnbc online. She asked me if I wanted her to write a story about Kieran and the crappy NHS! LOL. I said I'd think about it. :D

Any of you people had much experience with volunteering? I'm looking online but if I don't want to work with cats, old people or children, there isn't much need for me it seems... lol. Any good link up sites?

-Annie

Annie! :lol: @ yank ping

Good luck with Kieran! I hope his life improves indeed, would be great to see!

Aaahhh... I had to go to the dentist today and take Kieran to a hospital appointment which meant going on the freeway! It was very scary, I was so nervous I felt sick, but hurray it all went smoothly. :D The rules of the road here are not always very clear, it's not like driving on the UK motorway, lol. Anyhoo, come on and say hi ppl. :P

:wave: Martz

Hey penz!
Good to hear Kieran's getting help and that you and Jas are fine :)

Ah well, to update you guys:

We left the UK knowing Kieran had a heart condition, and he was diagnosed with autism. Since moving over here, doctors have found a hernia in his tummy which means he is aspirating into his lungs, causing chronic chest infections. (He's always had chest infections, but now we know the cause). He also has a dilated osophegus, troubles with his kidneys (one might need to be removed) and he has low muscle tone. He's also non-verbal. So, doctos here have told me that they don't think Kieran is autistic. They think he has been feeling unwell most his life so has been displaying some traits of autism, but he's too outgoing, sociable, and friendly to be autistic.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty pissed off with the doctors back home. I asked them several times to check out his tummy but got fobbed off. I've filed a complaint and am waiting on a reply from them.

Fingers crossed they'll be making him more comfortable here very soon. :)