Unreal Tournament Revolution is out

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Srry to say... but why would you make a mod for UT2k4 that plays the same as the UT99?:confused:. Just buy the original UT99:rolleyes:. I will keep playing UT99, no game can beat the original UT:D

btw if its not in C: you hace to edit the Register UTR Map Extension.reg

mine is on E:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.utr]
@="UTR.Map"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UTR.Map]
@="Unreal Tournament Revolution Map"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UTR.Map\DefaultIcon]
@="[COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]:\\UT2004\\Help\\Unreal.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UTR.Map\Shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UTR.Map\Shell\open]
@="&Play this UTR level"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UTR.Map\Shell\open\command]
@="[COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR]:\\UT2004\\System\\UT2004.exe \"%1\" -mod=UTR(A)"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.utr]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.utr\OpenWithList]
"a"="UnrealEd.exe"
"MRUList"="ba"
"b"="UT2004.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.utr\OpenWithProgids]
"UTR.Map"=hex(0):

so edit yours to suit your drive

-=TaRgEt=- said:
Srry to say... but why would you make a mod for UT2k4 that plays the same as the UT99?:confused:. Just buy the original UT99:rolleyes:. I will keep playing UT99, no game can beat the original UT:D

well the new ut netcode is alot better as are movement and graphics

so its like ut99 updated

you have to try it to see the differance

Ðeadßoy said:
well the new ut netcode is alot better as are movement and graphics

so its like ut99 updated

you have to try it to see the differance

already tried it.. but if i have to play it online do i need a working key:p:? like UT2k4?

if the final of this game is out it needs to be carefully tested.

i read about a league that a few meant about in the forums it started to late.

lets try to open a league from the early start for it if the game itself deserves it.

well... depends if they are recreating the original game... or if they are creating the game as it was ment to be.

That will be the main deceider if launching is possible or not... and that should be the main point we wait for... before taking any further actions...

the main problem is that all maps have to be completely rebuilt. And afaik we don't have enough mapper in Assault for that....

Cratos said:
the main problem is that all maps have to be completely rebuilt. And afaik we don't have enough mapper in Assault for that....
i have to correct you ;)

we dont have any in UT99....

but there are plenty good ones for UT2k4 :P

and UTR = UT2k4 :D

so 1 of those will sacrifice himself for us.... i hope :P

Maybe handy to know: They renamed UTR, and with a rename, comes a new site. From what iv read the release is near and it should solve all problems in the alpha version of UTR.