Unreal Engine 3 Techdemo from the NV40 Launch

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

nice though iam sure they showed some of that inside castle bit in the nv35 demo...

Cant wait till we can play games that look that good scary thing is they already have the engine ! hardware seams to be lacking behind software atm

i read that even current high end cards, like the Radeon9800XT, are too slow for the new unreal engine :eek:.
Games with this engine gonna be released in 2005 or 2006.

maybe Duke Nukem For(N)ever? ;)

dunno how this movie looks like. Can't dl it, my isp is fucked so i got only 7kb/s downstream :bawling:

Last edited:
its only ~ 13 MB.

I liked the scene where they showed the figure and the colored light.
and the comment about that one character having more polygons than an entire level of previous games was great. :D

how can i atch it? div5 511 upgrade brought me no fruther. :( media player had no image only sound.

sobo said:
how can i atch it? div5 511 upgrade brought me no fruther. :( media player had no image only sound.
if you use Media Player 8 (default in WinXP) try version 9.

missing videocodec.
download and install the klite codec pack and you should be ok.
or you can use G-Spot to find out which codec is missing and install only that one.

doh: as sweeney said, the GF 6800 is the first card to render that stuff with a decent framerate :D and what they showed is nowhere near the demands for future gameplay scenes, you know.

doh said:
You sure future gfx hardware is too slow? :D

Tim Sweeney (*) said:
By DirectX9 minimum spec, we mean we're going to make a game that brings today's GeForce FX's and Radeon 9700+'s to their knees at 640x480! :) We are targetting next-generation consoles and the kinds of PC's that will be typical on the market in 2006, and today's high end graphics cards are going to be somewhat low end then
source: http://www.beyond3d.com/interviews/sweeney04/index.php?p=2

(*) Tim Sweeney: is one of the founders of Epic Games. He is chiefly responsible for the unreal engine.

that engine got fuck all to do with nvidia tho, poof :p: you can bet your sexy ass on the RV420 being able to run that demo as well. The NV40 was simply released earlier and nvidia is a partner of epic.

Rob1000100 said:
I wonder if gf6 will take up 3 pci bays :/
not 3, but i think the high end model 2.

mb1s.jpg

more pics: http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvidia/nv40/index.php?p=4

you do realise that the space-demand is vendor-dependent, dont you?
the reference design of the ultra version needs 2 and the nonultra 1, while leadtek's cooler needs approx. 2 or 3 PCI slots. (see below)
1.jpg
:spin:

gigabyte use the reference design, and the other Nvidia vendors havent introduced their models yet.

Thx that KLite pack did its job, Tsu.

And I hope the Gf6 will shut up all those ATI fanaticists, at least for the moment :) Tbh Id like to see the next ATI closer to the Gf6 than Gf5/Rad9xxx were. Because the closer they get the more competition can be expected i guess, resulting in faster development of new cards :)

well comparing a 6th generation card (GF6) to a 5th Generation card (Rad98XT) is a bit pointless anyway, IMO.
you will have to wait for the RV420 until you can say "woah nvidia owns" or "woah ATI owns" - because only then you can say for sure that, for this generation of cards, one of them is the king in the ring. You know, a new generation card beating up the older card is nothing spectacular... why make something new if it isnt better?