Unreal 2 XMP

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well i guess the beta wasnt supposed to be released.
but since it will be a free update for unreal2 i wud say that its not that problematic.

Just thought I would point out that this should be out later today.

...and yes it is an open beta this time. Vileplanet should be the 1st to have it.

It's finally here -- the Unreal II: XMP Demo has been released. The demo features class-based vehicular action in one of the game's eight maps -- XMP-Garden, seen to the right. Many of us here at BeyondUnreal have been helping Legend beta test this game for many months, and we all agree that XMP more than makes up for the lack of replayability in Unreal II's single player missions. The XMP demo doesn't require a copy of Unreal II to play, so there's no excuse not to give it a try!

The full version of XMP will be released on December 9th to coincide with the appearence of Unreal II Special Edition.
Download Unreal II XMP Demo from BeyondUnreal (150MB)
When you've given the demo a spin, hit the 'Comments' link above and tell us what you think of Legend's latest creation!

http://www.beyondunreal.com/#4335

Last edited:
sry my question, but who needs it?
Ut2k3 and soon Ut2k4, so if some1 want to play online, he got good alternatives.

and btw that demo owns.
id like to play it with a team of ppl on ventrillo tho, its quite pointless without coordination.

i like it more than ut2k3 ... and they have fixed the dodge! yay ;) and yes, voice-com is a must, let's hope they will be some decent servers soon.

Like the graphics and movement. Movement is a bit slo tho it seems but could be because of the big surroundings.
Like the vehicles and ambiance although the tank is a bit to slow for the turets

Dont like the "deaths" cant really see anyone getting fragged because afterwards u can help m if u want (heal)
No announces for multis or whatever thats a bit of a let down of course :P

Rest seem to b ok and I really enjoy this A LOT more then ut2003.

i think it will be ... but for the demo you dont have to install it.

the full version of XMP comming on december 9th will require U2.

Last edited:
omg, its class - Unreal Conflict sounded like it was gonna be like this (well i imagined it like this anyhow :P )

gringo said:
omg, its class - Unreal Conflict sounded like it was gonna be like this (well i imagined it like this anyhow :P )

yeh something like this is what I imagined. Different gameplay mechanics obviously, but the same kind of feel.

Definetly need to try it with some organisation :)