Unreal 2 new pics?!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well impressive but one can make a game with lots of eyecandy but the question is can it be run on present systems which people got in their homes?

the oblivious answer is NO

the Alpha almost ran on my old P400 + Gf2, i say almost i actually mean it didnt run at all, but the Alpha looked superb and these new pics look even better

is this the same unreal warfare engine that ut2003 uses?

and coop is fuckin class i once played it while i was drunk at about 4 am with a m8 who doesnt even paly ut, it was the funniest game we ever played together i can say :D (coop is espcially cool when youve never played unreal)

i think with a 2ghz cpu and gf4 and at least 512 mb ram it should be playable, the second pic looks intense but if you take a second look ..well its ok
the first pic however is the one that makes your comp cough :D

tbh the game will run on any system that can run UT2K3 with 8/12 players.

lookin forward to playing this co op with someone, oh wait epic have removed all multplayer code you say :(

Unreal 2 uses the same engine as UT2003, just the Unreal 2 engine will be a newer build and may use slightly higher detail (Think Unreal (1) to UT (1)). There wont be any major changes.

In fact, Unreal 2 *should* run faster than UT2003 does.

UT2003 relies on 'bots' for everything. Bots require HUGE amounts of processing power to run. Unreal 2 will only have 1 or 2 bots on the screen at a time, thus the CPU drain will be MUCH less. This frees up CPU power for the engine to focus on other things, thus slowing it down less and giving the chance for slightly higher detail levels too.

Originally posted by Spirit
Minimum spec is an 733mhz or above, recommended is 1g +. Graphics wise they recon a TNT2 will run it, but recommended is 8500 / Geforce 4 family.

These are the official specs from Epic. You will be able to run it at low res with a system of these specs, although for a decent res you'll want the recommended system :D

Single player FPS games generally put a lot less strain on systems than multi - If you can run UT2k3 then I'm sure you will have no probs with Unreal 2. The areas you play in are usually a fair bit smaller and there are generally less enemies in any one place.

It's also fact that there will be no co-op - the code will still be in there for multiplayer but it won't of had much optimisation at all - it will take a fair bit of work to get it running at all. Gutted - would of dearly loved to play through it for the first time on co-op :\

Aye, they've taken the freed processing power from taking bots/multiplayers out and added in more detail, since they can now control the amount of action onscreen at any given time , so same end result really, more action less detail and vice versa.

I'm sure that's what all the 1 million women you "satisfied", meant too after you "satisfied" them Binge.