Unreal 2 anyone?!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Trunks

*=)IAS(=*
Aug 11, 2001
England
Bought it today, it rules and you should go out and buy it! :D

The game really is a mixture between Half-life and Deus Ex, in the way you have to talk to people in order to take some action.

There are only two things that I dislike about the game.

1) If your comp is shite, you will have lots of probs (lag strikes again!)

2) The "Shock Lance" isn't as good as the Sock Rifle, when you perform a shock combo instead of the affect that you get in UT, you get a crappy sparkle affect while the bits of alien fly across the screen.

True mate, I expected it to be a lot better but you have to put up with certain things...

As for the dodging that is f00ked, meant to double tap to a direction and you will go there, in fact you double tap and move no where

:( I pre-ordered mine from play.com (£24.99) a month ago. It still says on the site that they are awaiting stock. Went into the local woolworths today and tehy had loads of them on the shelves :mad:
(at £34.99 :D )

got the english version on saturday and i like it =)

although dodging is weird. it's almost like they mixed up the height and direction of the jump, instead of 'hugh jump to a side and a bit up' for a dodge you get 'hugh jump up and a bit to a side'

on the official forum people were crying that the game would be to short and that they played it in 8hours max. well, i play it on 'unreal' and i need more that 8hours :P

my good old 1ghz athlon and the ti4200 are still enough for playing the game on 800x600x32 with almost every setting on high. so an 'average' system can handle the game ;) and some water-cooled 'monster-arse(tm)-pcs' should be ok for the high-resolution 'eye-candy'

and since i got the 42.86beta detonators the character-skins aren't messed up any longer ;)

edit: hah, almost forgot the shock lance. you were able to do a combo with that weapon, trunks? i cannot hit the secondary fire because it has almost the same speed as the primary. primary fire bounces a few times of walls and the secondary is a hugh plasma ball that has a nice graphic effect on impact. but maybe i just need some practice for the 'combo' ;)

Last edited:
I think I'll wait for it coming out on Direct Conenct and d/l it meself ;)
Dont wanna spend money on games that I know might be teh suck for my system ;)
And now I guess some ppl will :flame: me for this. But be aware why buy games when its downloadable? :fingers:

you were able to do a combo with that weapon, trunks?

Yes mate I was able to get the combo many times ;)

It takes a while to get use to, just standing still is easy because you shouldn't have to move your aim but when moving it may take a while to get use to it :(

doding must at first be set on :P then its still crap ive switched it off, i didnt need it, and it had only disadvantages (falling down from small sites in great height, like on the building where i should rescue the scientist)

shocklance can combo? :eek:
anyway the weapon isnt good but there is one thing its excellent from, if you meet the robotic creatures in the second- or third-last mission you only need to hit them once with the second fire (in easy game) and twice with primary after that to destroy them totally. but there is agood balance btween the weapons, no weapon there which on you could go through the whole game without problems (except for the sniper but you dont have enough ammo for that)

And of course graphics rule, especially the singularity gun, how it curves all the surfaces, damn nice lighting and of course some good textures

unfortunately the end is sad :( Aida dies along with the others who i gotta like too during the game

Well if you have the money left, get the game its great, though short (or get it in another despicable way:rolleyes: wel anyway i dont caare what you think but many people wont have 50 € available FFS:shout: )

v nice game buts its the buggiest game I have ever pld :(

I get loads of GPFs, usually in cinematics (of which there are tooo many), so I have to save v regularly and when it crashes drop down to lowest gfx settings reload move on, save game and then up details agin :(

I have a nice powerful PC that copes with BF1942, UT2003 and simcity 4 fine. :mad:

simcity4 is a pain, even i cant run it well :rolleyes:

no bugs for me over the whole game and i didnt even get a CD
not 1 crash not 1 graphics bug (except for the textures issue that solvesd with the new detonators)

back to that combo: i just tried around a bit and it cant be possible it went to the outside area of sanctuary (first mission) and shot a secondary plasma ball, i could hardly fire the primary balls before the big ball detonated just in the air (about 15m off me) ie. the secondary ball wont fly farther than about 15 m for me, and so its impossible to combo (if you mean hitting secondary with primary as "combo")

so trunks could you explain whatever you call combo?

when i shot a plasma ball with secondary fire i cannot hit it with primary because:

1) it takes ages to fire a primary shot after a plasmaball
2) their speed is almost identical

yup, and though a contact would be theoretically possible, its s not because the big ball detonates before a contact could happen.