tweak thread suggestion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Largo

]>BO<[
Aug 19, 2003
Can we get a sticky thread for which tweaks are considered unfair or not allow in the league? (you closed the rox smoke thread before i could ask)
I have the tweaks file posted on these forums a long time ago, which changes a few textures and makes some tweaks. Of that i have made my own 'cut down' version, which does the following:
* (supposedly) Turn off minigun+pulsegun shaking (doesn't work, shakes like hell anyway, some one help me plz)
* Changes the bio-blob texture to a cooler green texture (cool factor, though not as visible from some angles)
* (supposedly) Stops shockrifle-beam texture spinning (fps tweak)
* (supposedly) Stops rockets rotating in-flight (probaly no fps boost, but sometimes everything helps)
* Alternate kill messages. Works.
* Colored speak. Works, but needs some work, cuz now it's but-ugly.
+ some minor stuff. I just commented out the rest of the stuff.
(new snot sceenie attached)

weapon shake is the recoil from the gun when you fire it :rolleyes:

It can be disabled with a tweaks ini... Imo it's not to any advantage. I have used it and noticed no difference at all, so turned it off again.

Imo the ones which should certainly be allowed are:

* Changing teamsay colours
* Changing death messages
* Changing biosludge/shock textures
* Removing second layer of shock explosion
* Changing various weapon projectiles into 2d sprites
* REDUCING smoke
* replacing ammo pickups with the lower-poly Unreal 1 meshes.

Humph said:
weapon shake is the recoil from the gun when you fire it :rolleyes:
yep thats what i meant. Only it doesn't have any effect for me, but maybe i mistyped something somewhere in the file. I sometimes get the effect (both with and without the tweakfile) in online games and viewing demos, but its rare and i don't know why it happens by itself, though i suspect its a glitch somewhere in UT.

I don't see why you don't put disabling minigun-tracer light on the list Humph. I haven't tested the fps change with my new gfx card, but iirc it was very helpful for my gf2mx and i doubt anyone would consider it a cheat.

no it isn't a cheat really. I just forgot about it because I don't use it cuz I prefer them on so I can see where the bullets are coming from :)