tuff break for a hand job!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What's the problem with banning a cheater?

He steals others gaming time and server time. Why should anybody that cheats ever be to tolerated?

If it was, would playing online would just be a compatetion of, is my aimbot betters than yours.

"Edit: A few botters banned is a drop in the ocean compared to what Blizzard Entertainment did back a few months ago, they disabled over 10,000 Diablo 2 Keys. It didnt hurt them at all seemingly."
They also disabled i the range of hundred of thousands Starcraft users (not keys) in a couple of batches.

Sorry about the caps but:

IS ANYBODY HERE INTERESTED IN PLAYING AN ONLINE GAME WHERE YOU THINK MOST PLAYERS ARE CHEATING?

Last edited:
Just today they added this to the UT2004 EULA

http://www.epicgames.com/ut2k4_eula.html

5. CHEATING. Nobody likes a cheater. It's a disgraceful way to earn a win and really is an insult to those players who earn their wins in on-line games the old-fashioned way—WITH TALENT. We're pretty hard on cheating in on-line games using the Software because it sullies the overall gaming experience and is JUST PLAIN LAME. With that in mind if you are caught cheating in an on-line game using the Software we will immediately and permanently ban your CD Key. At that point this License Agreement is automatically terminated and you must immediately delete this software from your PC. Failure to comply with this last bit (deleting the software) may bring on the wrath of the lawyers. Trust us…you don't want that.

:llama:

Rich said:
thast the point HE CARNT .... Epic disabled the game so it only runs with bot

Yes he can, you can disable auth checking with a simple setting in the server ini. If he wants to run a cheating league he can. The big difference between a cheating league and the online cheating he does is one would be for fun, and one would be for gaining enjoyment through preventing other people from having fun.

As it's clear cut that he does spoil people's fun and Epic's product intentionally then I don't think it's draconian to ban him from public servers at all.

Rich said:
Epic see Rocket/Hammer Launching as a cheat

If they thought it was a cheat they wouldn't have coded it into the game. I just wrote a mutator to enable it with one line of code, as it's all already in there. Despite willhaven's personal views on it they still added the option for gamers.

Last edited:
L0cky said:
Yes he can, you can disable auth checking with a simple setting in the server ini. If he wants to run a cheating league he can. The big difference between a cheating league and the online cheating he does is one would be for fun, and one would be for gaining enjoyment through preventing other people from having fun.

As it's clear cut that he does spoil people's fun and Epic's product intentionally then I don't think it's draconian to ban him from public servers at all.

If they thought it was a cheat they wouldn't have coded it into the game. I just wrote a mutator to enable it with one line of code, as it's all already in there. Despite willhaven's personal views on it they still added the option for gamers.

I totally agree.

BAN ALL CHEATERS....
if they would have had that option with our UT then league would be half size, clean and without most cunts.
Hope they let that fagot banned for next 6 months... then give him 2nd chance, i bet he never fool around with cheating anymore!

Hmmm all he has to do is steal some keys. And he will be back in buisness.

But Cheaters should be banned permanently.