trying KOL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Popioul

Apr 14, 2003
Libertalia
trying KOL (Free MMORPG)

I suscribed a free Knight Online account and am trying it atm (just like I played one free week for EQ2 some weeks ago). :edit:My first character is a rogue (balanced stats).:edit:

First afaik all servers are US except one that in malaysia or some other Asian country, playing on a US server is very smooth and playable still theres a delay between hits and point decrease... I gotta adapt to that delay cause up to now i died 2 times, both of them due to delay would steal me the split second I badly needed in order to recharge with a health vial before dying.

Alrite there are many players in town, but how can i c the lvl of other players in a split second (tell me a way or fastest way of them all)? Its for me to know who to ask which things and stuff.

No voice played through speakers, too bad. But I can cope with it.

Falling down from a high place (lil wall in town between stairs) is weird, its like u dont fall just change height instantly... so quick that u dont feel the fall :/ Just like Doom1&2 felt about 10 yearz ago...

9 out of 10 objects I find killing worms and stuff are not for my class :/ Can I sell them to a NPC merchant or just sell them to someone? Among them one needed me to have 61 points dexterity, so I fought untill I reached them just to see that that item is not fit to my class :| Wasnt there a way for me to tell before having to reach the character points needed? I hope this is understandable :tired:

I just played a couple of hours, will give it another try now.

Last edited:
I also played it for over 2 months. subZ still plays it that addicted bastard.
It is a very good game. Although it takes up alot of time =) And yes, stuff wich isn't for your class just sell it to NPC's!

It also really depends on what kind of character you are. If you are a rogue dexterity is good (I think, from what i remember).
Just browse a little to the forums, read some tutorials=) Or ask subZ that addicted bastard.

I suscribed a free Knight Online account and am trying it atm (just like I played one free week for EQ2 some weeks ago). :edit:My first character is a rogue (balanced stats).:edit:
As a rogue, your stat points should ONLY be put in DEX (Dexterity) and HP (Hit Points). NOTHING ELSE THAN THAT!
Dexterity is what increases dmg for a rogue, so you would need a lot of that of course.
By level 45 you would want to have 90 stat points in HP, and the rest in DEX. (And at level 60+, HP: 94)
Reason is that at that time you will be able to wear the best armor that is in the game (Except for the armor, that requires 94 HP, and level 60+).
But for now, try and raise your stats (DEX and HP) until you can wear "Plate Goblin Armor" (You will see a lot of merchants selling this kind of armor in Moradon and in Piana Village.

First afaik all servers are US except one that in malaysia or some other Asian country, playing on a US server is very smooth and playable still theres a delay between hits and point decrease...
United States : USKO
Malaysia : MYKO
Japan : JPKO

As for us europeans, USKO is the less laggy of them.
Of course, you can't avoid lag when there are 1000 players logged on the same server at once, but trust me, you will adapt to the small lag that occurs.
MYKO and JPKO has just been patched with a new world, new items, and new skills.
Same patch will come soon to USKO, which sounds like great fun to me. ;)

Alrite there are many players in town, but how can i c the lvl of other players in a split second (tell me a way or fastest way of them all)? Its for me to know who to ask which things and stuff.
Moradon is the "City of merchants".
It's the only town where both Orcs (Karus) and Humans (El Morad) can speak freely to each other.
If they aren't in Moradon both races, the text will be encrypted with "#/#¤/!"¤?!", or alike.

There is no way you can see a player's level, unless you either:

A) Ask them.
B) See people who have "Seeking Party: Level ?? ~ ??
^ The first number is the lowest level the coherent person can party with, which is minus 8 from his own level.
The last number is the highest level the coherent person can party with, which is plus 8 from his own level.
Get that message by typing "/seeking_party" in the text box.
C) Be in the same clan with them, and see their level on the clan list.

As for who you need to ask things, well, you can always ask me ;)
But just go by the looks really. The cooler the armor, the higher level the person is.

Falling down from a high place (lil wall in town between stairs) is weird, its like u dont fall just change height instantly... so quick that u dont feel the fall :/ Just like Doom1&2 felt about 10 yearz ago...
What can I say, it doesn't bother me, as it would suck if you died from falling down, lol.

9 out of 10 objects I find killing worms and stuff are not for my class :/ Can I sell them to a NPC merchant or just sell them to someone? Among them one needed me to have 61 points dexterity, so I fought untill I reached them just to see that that item is not fit to my class Wasnt there a way for me to tell before having to reach the character points needed? I hope this is understandable
This is obvious, as there are 4 different characters to choose from. Not all drops will be for rogues.
As you said, you were killing worms at the momen, worms drop less than nothing you would want to use.
There is some items called *Quest item*. Among them are 3 gems, called Opal, Crude Sapphire, and Crystal.
You can NPC those for high amounts of coins (In regards to your current level).

As for knowing what is for your class and what is not, there is a description of the item when you hold your cursor on it. Armor and weaponry will show either of: Magician, Warrior, Rogue, and Priest.
Obviously you can only wield what says "Rogue" on it.
The items will display text in red if you don't have enough stat points to wear the item.

Btw, when your inventory is full, go to "Inn Hostess" and choose "Access Storage", there you have 8 pages you can load crap in to.

Anyhow, hope this helped a bit. If you got more questions I'd be happy to answer them.

I'm playing on the Xigenon server, lvl 61 Arch Mage, ID: oCrushDance .
If you aren't already playing there, come over 'n say hi, and I'll help you with the leveling a bit ;)

(sneez you stole an opal from me once, I will never forget that).

subZ said:

:satan:

I think that Opal is now floating around somewhere in cyberspace.

@subz

popioul - Orc Rogue lvl 19

Thx for posting many useful stuff to me! Now some more feedback.

My Rogue stats:
Thx for telling me i gotta enhance DEX (Dexterity) and HP (Hit Points) as a rogue. Gotta love that precise HP needings according to rogue lvl u posted :) I missused a few stat points in intel and strength at start, after that I increased exclusively DEX & put a lil on HP, I bet it wont result in much handicap, my rogue feels fine atm.

Servers:
The labels u posted seem clear enough to me of course...
My problem is the first time I wanted to connect to a server a msg asked me to choose a server based on a list of server names (Ares1-3, Beramus1-3, Diez1-2 & Xigenon1-2) with NO information on server location :/ (similar shit just happened when I trialed EQ2 two months ago). Cant MMORPGs dev teams just display at least the continent of their servers when one joins?
Further on I saw NO clue of nation/continent of the server i use, atm I still donno where Ares3 (my server) is located.
Now I read on a french forum that PVP zones only exist on server(s) #1? can u confirm that?

Opal, crystal and saphire crude quest:
I got lucky and got that opal from a monster (or did some raimundo_ player give it to me, not sure) when I was lvl 6 or so, sold it for 100,000 coins to a NPC for me to equip and do some shopping.
I remember reading this little revealing sneez todaworld story in UTA Forums, am I wrong? plz link someone.
tatata... bad boy sneez!

Oh btw should i take this teleporter thingie yet, if yes can I come back for Proconsul armor upgrades and unfinished quests? :D

Last edited:
Yes WOW gotta kill KOL in about every aspect except its not free :|

But im ok with u both... U just need to provide me with ur account login data, when u go on holiday. Id be very happy and begin a new character for sure just for the fun of it :loaded: I swear I create only one hero and place it where u tell me to, and will only do what u tell me to

:tired: says the completely tired guy after 3 days inarow with 10-14 hours a day on KOL :tired:

subZ said:
As a rogue, your stat points should ONLY be put in DEX (Dexterity) and HP (Hit Points). NOTHING ELSE THAN THAT!
Dexterity is what increases dmg for a rogue, so you would need a lot of that of course.
By level 45 you would want to have 90 stat points in HP, and the rest in DEX. (And at level 60+, HP: 94)
Reason is that at that time you will be able to wear the best armor that is in the game (Except for the armor, that requires 94 HP, and level 60+).
But for now, try and raise your stats (DEX and HP) until you can wear "Plate Goblin Armor" (You will see a lot of merchants selling this kind of armor in Moradon and in Piana Village.

As for us europeans, USKO is the less laggy of them.
Of course, you can't avoid lag when there are 1000 players logged on the same server at once, but trust me, you will adapt to the small lag that occurs.
MYKO and JPKO has just been patched with a new world, new items, and new skills.
Same patch will come soon to USKO, which sounds like great fun to me. ;)

Moradon is the "City of merchants".
It's the only town where both Orcs (Karus) and Humans (El Morad) can speak freely to each other.
If they aren't in Moradon both races, the text will be encrypted with "#/#¤/!"¤?!", or alike.

There is no way you can see a player's level, unless you either:

A) Ask them.
B) See people who have "Seeking Party: Level ?? ~ ??
^ The first number is the lowest level the coherent person can party with, which is minus 8 from his own level.
The last number is the highest level the coherent person can party with, which is plus 8 from his own level.
Get that message by typing "/seeking_party" in the text box.
C) Be in the same clan with them, and see their level on the clan list.

As for who you need to ask things, well, you can always ask me ;)
But just go by the looks really. The cooler the armor, the higher level the person is.

What can I say, it doesn't bother me, as it would suck if you died from falling down, lol.

This is obvious, as there are 4 different characters to choose from. Not all drops will be for rogues.
As you said, you were killing worms at the momen, worms drop less than nothing you would want to use.
There is some items called *Quest item*. Among them are 3 gems, called Opal, Crude Sapphire, and Crystal.
You can NPC those for high amounts of coins (In regards to your current level).

As for knowing what is for your class and what is not, there is a description of the item when you hold your cursor on it. Armor and weaponry will show either of: Magician, Warrior, Rogue, and Priest.
Obviously you can only wield what says "Rogue" on it.
The items will display text in red if you don't have enough stat points to wear the item.

Btw, when your inventory is full, go to "Inn Hostess" and choose "Access Storage", there you have 8 pages you can load crap in to.

Anyhow, hope this helped a bit. If you got more questions I'd be happy to answer them.

I'm playing on the Xigenon server, lvl 61 Arch Mage, ID: oCrushDance .
If you aren't already playing there, come over 'n say hi, and I'll help you with the leveling a bit ;)

addicted :lol:

My Rogue stats:
Thx for telling me i gotta enhance DEX (Dexterity) and HP (Hit Points) as a rogue. Gotta love that precise HP needings according to rogue lvl u posted :) I missused a few stat points in intel and strength at start, after that I increased exclusively DEX & put a lil on HP, I bet it wont result in much handicap, my rogue feels fine atm.
Right now you might not see any difference in damage inflicted, but after lvl ~ 45+, getting 5 extra dex stat points will make a noticeable difference!

Anyhow, since you are still relatively low leveled, I'd suggest you fix the misplaced stat points.
Do this, by going to Captain Kunabarl (The big green dragon in Moradon).
Right-click him, choose "Redistribute Stat or Skill points" > "I would like to redistribute my experience points".
Now there is a box that tells you the cost of the re-stat. Shouldn't be too much at your level.
The cost increases by each level, so doing it as early as you can is adviced ;)
(At my lvl 61, a re-stat costs me 20,000,000)

Also forgot in my other reply, what kind of rogue are you?

If you choose to be Archer, you put your skill points in:
1) Archery (duh), and the rest in
2) Explorer
Of course you would want to equip a bow for that cause.

If you choose to be Assassin, you put your skill points in:
1) Assassin (duh), and the rest in
2) Explorer
Of course you would want to equip a dagger in each hand for that cause.

Best weapon for archers at the arms dealer is the Horn Crossbow, and for Assassins it's the Sword Breaker.
After that, better weapons are dropped by high level monsters, and are sold by merchants all around.
--

All I know about server locations, is that all servers from USKO are located at he K2 HQ, in California.
All servers are bought from Dell, which can explain the slight lag at times. :D

Now I read on a french forum that PVP zones only exist on server(s) #1? can u confirm that?
That is correct, and of PVP zones, it means "Colony Zone" which is a map for itself. The level requirement to teleport to there, is 30.
This place is the place for earning "National Points", by killing the opponent, which in your case, us El Morad (humans).
However, I can not stress enough, that you will be utterly owned by all the lvl 60+ players that PvP all day long.

There is also the Lunar Gate wars. Also played on server(s) #1 only, at a set time / day of the week (wednesdays/sundays). You can see the times on the main website.

One of them is the Lunar Gate war, which is level 30-70. As you can see now, a level 30 don't stand a chance against a lvl 60+ player. So I suggest you don't go to this one before level 55+.

Then there is the other war, called Dark Lunar Gate war. This one is for the lower leveled, which is level 30 - 50.
Here you have the chance to see what it is like to play the wars :)

Oh btw should i take this teleporter thingie yet, if yes can I come back for Proconsul armor upgrades and unfinished quests? :D
Yes, you can teleport all around the whole wide server, and back again.
Takes coins to teleport though, but maximum 600. So it's nothing.

--

Lawless said:
go play Worlds of Warcraft much better
Each to it's own.

If you don't want to first having to BUY the game, and then afterwards PAY monthly fee's to play it, Knight Online is THE answer!

Won't find other MMORPG games Free2Play, which the same quality as Knight Online.

But you go ahead and pay, I won't.

Popioul said:
says the completely tired guy after 3 days inarow with 10-14 hours a day on KOL
You should make a character on Xigenon, human. I can get you to level 30+ in a day :)
(I changed my ID btw, now: "BeyondTheEdge").

IceDragon said:
Very.

But I am sure Popioul appreciate that I took the time to answer, as he took the time to ask.

Last edited:
I feel sorry that I ever showed KnightOnline to subz. He is more addicted to it than his carlsberg fs!

sneez> play knightonline ownage game
subz> no fo, mmorpg sucks cock

Last edited:
sneez said:
I feel sorry that I ever showed KnightOnline to subz. He is more addicted to it than his carlsberg fs!

sneez> play knightonline ownage game
subz> no fo, mmorpg sucks cock
no, never happened, and never will happen.

and LOL.

So much for Knight Online and free MMORPG.

I quit the game, sold my character for USD, bought a crate of carlsberg and an icecream for it.

4 months used on this character has paid off well. :D

Playing UT again, when I find the disc!

w00t
Just in time for the eac=)